The Student Room Group

Muslims Harrased When/For Praying

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/438337/VIDEO-Anger-as-West-Ham-fans-turn-on-own-Muslim-supporters-as-they-pray-under-main-stand

This small group basically represents what the majority of british people feel in their heart towards muslims even though they may not say it. (imo)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I dont understand, they werent doing anything wrong but still they get hated for what they believe
Reply 2
Yeah? Lots of people don't like Muslims. Hardly a news story of any worth.
Reply 3
Original post by Genocidal
Yeah? Lots of people don't like Muslims. Hardly a news story of any worth.

Are you saying that the majority of Britain hates muslims? Are the majority of people then prejudiced?
Reply 4
Original post by Cynical-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/438337/VIDEO-Anger-as-West-Ham-fans-turn-on-own-Muslim-supporters-as-they-pray-under-main-stand

This small group basically represents what the majority of british people feel in their heart towards muslims even though they may not say it. (imo)

Most people would despise this kind of behaviour. Islamophobia is not as big of a concern for the majority of people than you may think currently.

Cant view the video but I hope it didn't get physical. Football hooligans are like crazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
it didnt get physical but they were chanting loudly as to disturd them from prayer. i cant quote you btw
Reply 6
Original post by Kutta
Are you saying that the majority of Britain hates muslims? Are the majority of people then prejudiced?

Which part of my post said anything about the majority? I said lots not necessarily the majority. If a few thousand people hated Muslims that would constitute me saying 'lots'.
Reply 7
Original post by Genocidal
Which part of my post said anything about the majority? I said lots not necessarily the majority. If a few thousand people hated Muslims that would constitute me saying 'lots'.

When someone says "Lots" I interpret that as majority. Maybe it was just an error in judgement on my part.

But thanks for clearing that up, i'l take your word for it :biggrin:
Reply 8
I dont understand, they werent doing anything wrong but still they get hated for what they believe

Really?

Well, not everyone wants to see such an overtly religious charade, especially in a football ground. In fact, If these people expected to carry-off this 'stunt' without anyone batting an eyelid, then they are immeasurably stupid and deserved everything they got.

Expecting everyone to simply acquiesce in the face of divisive, sectarian nonsense is frankly ridiculous and to be fair, totally counter-productive to race relations.
Reply 9
Anyone can find small groups of people doing something bad, what about all the muslims blowing stuff up?
Reply 10
Well, it's better than that time when my own mother was physically pushed out of her spot in the middle of her prayer by a Sunni/Wahabi woman right inside the holy Masjid Nabawi.

Muslims can sometimes treat each other worse than non-Muslims treat Muslims.
Original post by TheMoho
Well, it's better than that time when my own mother was physically pushed out of her spot in the middle of her prayer by a Sunni/Wahabi woman right inside the holy Masjid Nabawi.

That is really unfortunate what happened to your mother. Ive had something similar happen to me, some Muslims are real tits and think it's a competition.

I fully agree with your last sentence, alot of people seem to think our respect is reserved for our own people and doesn't extend beyond our faith. Islam is itself divided into many sects of which Muslims themselves fall victim to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is a clear lie. Many people like myself while not agreeing with Islam have respect for Muslims and have Muslim friends. There are even some Muslims on TSR whose comments I often find to be rather insightful. You can dislike an ideology without disliking its adherents.
Reply 13
There's a time and a place

at a football match is not one of them

what next 'demands' for places to pray? demanding times are changed to fit round muslim prayer times

I'm glad the crowd reacted the way they did without violence but vocal in their objections
Reply 14

Yes the majority in the UK would like you to keep your faith to yourself but then this applies to people of all faith (and yes I'm including myself in that)

Bull**** do the majority feel that way. Never judge people.
Reply 16
Original post by Heliosphan
Really?

Well, not everyone wants to see such an overtly religious charade, especially in a football ground. In fact, If these people expected to carry-off this 'stunt' without anyone batting an eyelid, then they are immeasurably stupid and deserved everything they got.

Expecting everyone to simply acquiesce in the face of divisive, sectarian nonsense is frankly ridiculous and to be fair, totally counter-productive to race relations.

Honestly, this. If I'm walking around and I see some big ass congregation of one sort of person, it's going to make me uneasy. Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Jews alike - if I walk down the street in my own home country and hear a bunch of people chanting Arabic, Urdu, Hebrew or anything, there's no way you won't see me crossing the street to avoid it.
Praying,LOL, they jinxed the team.....
Morons. The people responsible really should be banned from the ground. Unless the Hammers wants fans like that to keep hanging around.

I think that's a bit of a stretch.
Original post by TheMoho

Gosh. :frown: I've been there too, these women are so damn aggressive- It as if they don't even realize what they're doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending