The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Applicants for 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thinkthings
I submitted my application a few days ago : ) Does anyone know if QM sends acknowledgement emails?

I never got one :frown: but got an offer from them about three weeks after I had sent off my application. Hope this helps :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Iqbal007
Hi Everybody ,

Thought it was time to open up a applicant thread for this year as a few people have began making threads about applying .......... so who else is in love with Queen Mary and wants to study there?

copy and paste what's below and post

Post your:
Username:
Course:
GCSEs or equivalent: (if you want)
AS levels or equivalent: (if you want)
A-level predictions or equivalent: (if you want)
First choice?: (if you want)

I'll try to help out and create a stalking page of some sort of list of where you guys are applying so you guys can talk later

username: puella_optima
course: history
GCSEs: 9A*s, 1A & Distinction in ICT OCR
AS: AABB :/
A2 predictions: A*A*A
First choice: UCL
Original post by hieuluu
What did it say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dear applicant,

Thank you for your application to study in the School of Geography at Queen Mary University of London. Your UCAS form has now reached us and your application will be processed shortly.

Kind regards
username: bthehobbit
course: Biochemistry
GCSEs: 3 A*'s, 3 A's, 6 B's. 1 C, 2 D's ( I did a lot..)
AS: BCCE (i have extenuating circumstances)
A2 predictions: ABB
First choice: Leicester
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey everyone! I applied to Queen Mary to study economics, but still haven't heard from them.
Congratulations to all of you with offers!! :smile:

Username: purple_fox
Course: BSc Economics
GCSEs or equivalent: International
AS levels or equivalent: AAB
A-level predictions or equivalent: A*A*A*
First choice?: Manchester/LSE
Has anyone got offers for compisci yet??
Reply 86
Original post by hieuluu
Hey guys I applied for Bsc management and sent my application on 15th October. Heard back from all my other unis confirming my application.. except for queen Mary. Did anyone get theirs? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've also applied for Business and Management at QMUL. I sent my application off on the 25th October, I got an email from the university saying that my application was being assessed.

Today I checked I got an offer from two of my universities however not my top choices. QMUL is my first choice followed by Brunel University.

I am hoping to get an offer from QMUL and Brunel soon! I am wondering how long it takes for the university to get back to you and who else is applying for Business and Management and has gained an offer?

Good luck to everyone!
Original post by brawlerpit
Has anyone got offers for compisci yet??

Hey, yep, I got an offer of 200 ucas tarriff points from 2 GCE A levels...what does that mean?

I have an A* in Maths, D in Physics (I didnt sit all my exams) and an A in AS further maths...

i looked up that A*=140 and a D=60
does this mean i got in already????
would somebody (sweetly) tell me...should I jump up and down or am I being stupid?

thanks
Original post by constance2013
Hey, yep, I got an offer of 200 ucas tarriff points from 2 GCE A levels...what does that mean?

I have an A* in Maths, D in Physics (I didnt sit all my exams) and an A in AS further maths...

would somebody (sweetly) tell me...should I jump up and down or am I being stupid?

thanks

Yep, looks like you're definitely in! :smile: Congrats!

thanks

Well done! That's amazing!
It seems like its an unconditional offer! :smile:

Can I ask how long it was from when you applied, got an acknowledgement email and getting an offer?
Well done! That's amazing!
It seems like its an unconditional offer! :smile:

Can I ask how long it was from when you applied, got an acknowledgement email and getting an offer?

Hey thanks!

I applied on the 8th of october and got an offer on the 29th of Oct...so like 21 days. 3 weeks of torment. But it was worth it

Best of luck to you
Hey thanks!

I applied on the 8th of october and got an offer on the 29th of Oct...so like 21 days. 3 weeks of torment. But it was worth it

Best of luck to you

Ah thanks for that information.
I guess I need to stop refreshing my mailbox every 5 minutes, it's only been a week since my application. ^^

Where else are you applying to?
Ah thanks for that information.
I guess I need to stop refreshing my mailbox every 5 minutes, it's only been a week since my application. ^^

Where else are you applying to?

Hey Again! I boldly applied to Cambridge, Imperial(fingers crossed), UCL, KCL and Queen mary. Its quite unlikely others will give me offers...but you'll never know until you apply.

Where did you apply to?
Hey Again! I boldly applied to Cambridge, Imperial(fingers crossed), UCL, KCL and Queen mary. Its quite unlikely others will give me offers...but you'll never know until you apply.

Where did you apply to?

Nice! Why wouldn't they give you offers?

Imperial (never going to happen) , UCL, KCL, Queens and Kingston (which I've got an offer from).

I hate waiting, I really want to hear back from KCL and Queens by the end of the week, so I can stop fretting over it.

Good luck with the rest of your application!
Nice! Why wouldn't they give you offers?

Imperial (never going to happen) , UCL, KCL, Queens and Kingston (which I've got an offer from).

I hate waiting, I really want to hear back from KCL and Queens by the end of the week, so I can stop fretting over it.

Good luck with the rest of your application!

You applied to UCL too? I just heard shockingly that they require a 4th AS pass! I mean oxbridge doesn't even ask for this

Oh well...if I get rejected ill know mostly why ..ever the optimist :smile:
You applied to UCL too? I just heard shockingly that they require a 4th AS pass! I mean oxbridge doesn't even ask for this

Oh well...if I get rejected ill know mostly why ..ever the optimist :smile:

Yep, UCL is my top choice considering I'm not going to get into Imperial.

If you don't have a fourth AS, just email them saying you will take general studies (which accept as a fourth AS) this year and they won't reject you.
Or take another AS on top of what you're doing; its not the end of the world! :smile:
Got an interview for Geography :smile:
Reply 97
I've sent off my application but I really doubt I'll get in. I got C's at As level but have been predicted BBB,does anybody know how likely it is I'll get onto the comparative lit and history course? Any help would be good! X
Reply 98
Original post by Patrick121294

hey congrats!
i applied for law on October 15th and am getting really impatient waiting... i'm hoping queen mary will save me from this misery either this week or next week :/
Reply 99
Original post by Patrick121294

Congrats on your interview! Is that BA or BSc? :smile:
I've also applied to QMUL to read Geography (BA). Hopefully I'll get an offer, it's my top choice! I thought the campus was great, and the course modules for Geography are brilliant!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending