The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Offers for Computer Science w/ Year

Just curious, does anyone at Kent have an idea for the time period for replies to UCAS applications to those who have already applied to Computer Science courses at the Canterbury campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
What's up Harry,

Be applied for the same course. Trying to get in at 2015. I applied early around November time ad still havnt got a reply. When did you apply ? And have you got an offer yet? Also what A level subject are you currently doing ?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Bit late on this one Sabiq123, I posted this over a year ago.

I'm currently at Kent now. Took me around three months to get a response when I did (and I applied Sept. last year). I took Computer Science, Business Studies, IT and Maths for my A Levels.
Reply 3
Ohh lool , thanks for the reply, how's the teachers and campus life there? I've just been asked to come in for an interview , any advice?
Reply 4
Original post by Sabiq123
Ohh lool , thanks for the reply, how's the teachers and campus life there? I've just been asked to come in for an interview , any advice?

Advice for the interview, be prepared to talk about your personal statement. Other than that, a very buzzing campus life!
Reply 5
Hi Harry, may I ask what A-Level results you had? Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by hassamba
Hi Harry, may I ask what A-Level results you had? Thanks

Sure! Sorry for the late reply.

I achieved BBC at A Level, and another BC at AS Level.

A:
B - IT
B - Business Studies
C - Computer Science (damn CWK mark and WJEC)

AS:
C - Maths
B - General Studies
Reply 7
Original post by harrykirkby
Sure! Sorry for the late reply.

I achieved BBC at A Level, and another BC at AS Level.

A:
B - IT
B - Business Studies
C - Computer Science (damn CWK mark and WJEC)

AS:
C - Maths
B - General Studies

Thanks mate:smile: Is Kent lenient on the entry grade? Also what would you recommend I do to enhance my application? I'm planning to do a Microsoft Certification soon aswell:smile:

This info has helped!
Many Thanks
Reply 8
Original post by hassamba
Thanks mate:smile: Is Kent lenient on the entry grade? Also what would you recommend I do to enhance my application? I'm planning to do a Microsoft Certification soon aswell:smile:

This info has helped!
Many Thanks

They were lenient my year. It really varies depending on what year, how well the country does and how well you do as an individual.

I do not have any MC's at the moment, working on them now as I've left uni since making this post, but I had experience in HTML/CSS, server management and a few other bits on the side (general computer knowledge over the years), which probably did benefit my application.

Doing certifications can't hurt!
Reply 9
hey guys,

i will be doing Msc comp sci. conversion this year. would like to know the experience studying comp sci. at kent. are the staff understanding and friendly? whats the reputation of univ. of kent in industry and also how is the industrial placement like? how much salary they pay during the placement year? how is the employee intake into companies after the placement year is done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending