The Student Room Group

AS grades an predicted grades

I underachieved at AS level getting:
Economics B (6 ums off an A)
Geography B (7 ums off an A)
Maths C
Psychology C

I'm predicted ABB for geography, economics, and psychology in order.

Applying for accounting and finance to:
Loughnorough AAB
Nottingham AAB
Southampton AAB
Sheffield ABB
Bournemouth ABB

I have a wry strong personal statement with plenty of work experience, solid gcse's and good references

What's my chances of getting conditional offers? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Those requirements are quite high with 3 above your prediction and 2 exactly your predictions. It might be a good idea to throw in a uni with a BBB requirement or something..
You have no safety net. Usual advice is 1 or 2 above predictions, 3 at them and 1 or 2 below.
If you're predicted ABB, and have BBC at AS, you have a fairly low chance of getting into a university asking for AAB. They may even filter you out before looking at your personal statement. I would take out at least two AAB choices, and replace them with some more realistic choices around BBB. Loughborough actually ask for AAA-AAB for this course, this means they will only give offers of AAB to applicants with extenuating circumstances or from disadvantaged backgrounds.

If you do end up getting AAB at A2, you will then have the option to go through adjustment or take a gap year and reapply from a stronger position. If you apply as you are planning to, you risk getting multiple rejections, and possibly missing your offer and having to enter clearing.
Reply 4
My plan is to retake next year if I don't get into any of these unis as I would rather wait 1 years and go to a good uni than go to an okay uni next year.

I know someone who got into Nottingham with ABB so it's possible. Especially with the increased fees?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending