The Student Room Group

which A levels?

I was wondering what people think about studying at A levels. im thinking of chosing sociology, psychology and maybe English language.
Reply 1
All three are good Alevel subjects however I personally wouldn't do psychology and sociology simply because they are both closely linked. If you're unclear of your career options, it'd be best to choose varied subjects.
Reply 2
im thinking of doing forensic psychology.
Reply 3
maybe its best to chose psychology
Reply 4
or carry on with sociology since im doing it as a gcse
Reply 5
What are you interested in and what subject of work would you like to go into in the future? Well I do sociology for GCSE and it's pretty interesting so yeah it's good and i'm going to pick psychology at a level haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Check out what universities require for Forensic Psychology.

By the way, isn't it a Masters degree...?
A Levels are great. Really enjoying my subjects at the moment (Psychology, Religious Studies, Business Studies and ICT). If you're going for A Levels, try and get a mix of different sorts of subjects - a mixture of science, maths and a language for example.
I want to go into psychology too and I'm doing psychology, sociology, history and biology. I'd say your choices are pretty good if you have a clear idea of where you're headed, but would you need a science to get into forensic psychology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I'm not 100% sure but I think you'd need Chemistry or Biology, or probably both to be honest?
Most universities ask for a Science subject (Chemistry, Biology, Maths or Physics) for Forensic Psychology - some accept Psychology or Sociology despite them being Social Sciences, but not all. Depending on which universities you want to go to I would advise Psychology, Chemistry and/ or Biology (ideally Chemistry as universities seem to prefer it for Psychology subjects) and one or two others - for example Sociology.
Reply 11
For psychology Universities like a variety of subjects, such as one humanity (history or english is good), one science (biology or chemistry) and mathematics. Then your fourth As could be a language (again to show diversity) or psychology if you'd like, however oddly enough they prefer other subjects. This however is only for top universities. And that does still not mean you will not be accepted if you get expectional results in those 3 subjects, just that they would prefer to see a range. Just remember if you decide not to do psychology you need to pick up another science. Also remember, some universitites like a pass at a fourth AS :smile: Sorry about overloading, just wish I had known this information before picking my subjects as I feel I am at a disadvangtage now, having done similar subjects to you :smile:
Reply 12
im not so good at science especially physics, but do they except additional science because on the core science I got 1 mark of a D, so im hoping that I will go to do hier in additional science. but knowing my teacher he probably wont let me :frown: and my grades are not good enough for hier in additional science
Reply 13
im not so good at science especially physics, but do they except additional science because on the core science I got 1 mark of a C, so im hoping that I will go to do hier in additional science. but knowing my teacher he probably wont let me :frown: and my grades are not good enough for hier in additional science
Reply 14
psychology's a defo :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest