The Student Room Group

John Lewis Partnership Graduate Scheme 2014

Scroll to see replies

I'm also applying for the John Lewis Graduate scheme i got an email saying this after completing the tests:

'Thank you for completing the tests we will be in touch soon to let you know the next steps.'

I'm not sure if that's good or bad?
Reply 21
Just got an email saying they'll get back to me within three weeks!
Reply 22
Original post by tirthm
Just got an email saying they'll get back to me within three weeks!

And me!
Reply 23
Original post by sentiment
And me!

Yep, same. Got it right after my previous post. I'm hoping that means we're either on the maybe or successful piles, but we'll see!
Hi

...any tips for the numerical test? I did GCSE maths in year 10 and this was 6 years ago, too long to remember anything. All my applications seem to get rejected at this stage. Getting Desperate now :frown:
Reply 25
Original post by sophielamb91
Hi

...any tips for the numerical test? I did GCSE maths in year 10 and this was 6 years ago, too long to remember anything. All my applications seem to get rejected at this stage. Getting Desperate now :frown:

Practice.

Make sure you understand percentages, ratios and how to read graphs and tables. None of the questions are particularly complex but they do require careful consideration. Practice as much as you can.
Reply 26
submitted application on 19th october, received an email saying would hear in a few weeks and received another email yesterday (11th november) saying application was still being considered and they will let me know within the next 3 weeks so should hear before December. Anyone else had any more news?
Original post by tirthm
I was looking at last years student room group in regards to the graduate scheme and they didn't hear until late nov/early dec, therefore,I think it'll be the same for this year....

FYI - There was a big shake up in their recruitment team recently so it may be handled differently this year.
Original post by Genetech
Practice.

Make sure you understand percentages, ratios and how to read graphs and tables. None of the questions are particularly complex but they do require careful consideration. Practice as much as you can.

Thanks! I bought two books today and had a go at them, I am not sure if you have applied for any other schemes but compared to the TFL online tests, what you have described does not seem so bad.

The only problem is once you practice their test, it goes straight into loading the actual test (or at least this is what happened to me verbal reasoning test this morning). Do you know if there is any way to stop this or to see examples of the kind of questions they use since it seems to be their design, not an external site like SHL etc.
This morning I received an email inviting me to a telephone interview :smile:

Sure they will get round to emailing everyone now.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by sjedwards19
This morning I received an email inviting me to a telephone interview :smile:

Sure they will get round to emailing everyone now.

Good luck :smile:

Congrats! Can I ask which particular scheme you applied for? Did it give any specific info about the interview?
I applied for the graduate management scheme. This is the main body of the email.

"Congratulations on successfully passing the full application stage of the process. We would now like to invite you to take part in a short telephone interview which should last no longer than 20 minutes.

The questions will focus on your knowledge of our business and there will be some scheme specific questions to access your suitability for the role."

Reply 32
I applied for the graduate management scheme. This is the main body of the email.

"Congratulations on successfully passing the full application stage of the process. We would now like to invite you to take part in a short telephone interview which should last no longer than 20 minutes.

The questions will focus on your knowledge of our business and there will be some scheme specific questions to access your suitability for the role."

How exciting! Do they give you much time to prepare or is it pretty soon? I applied for Buying so hopefully will here soon!
Reply 33
Congratulations! When did you submit your application?

Just got a confirmation of receipt. Reply within 3 weeks.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sentiment
How exciting! Do they give you much time to prepare or is it pretty soon? I applied for Buying so hopefully will here soon!

I was required to log on to the candidate system and then select a time. My interview is on Wednesday at 3.30pm.
Original post by Wellesley
Congratulations! When did you submit your application?

Just got a confirmation of receipt. Reply within 3 weeks.

Hi,

I submitted my application on Friday 1st November and was emailed regarding the telephone interview on Friday the 15th.
Hmm, I submitted mine on the 26th October for retail management and haven't heard anything apart from the e-mail last weekend saying they'll reply within 3 weeks... :/
Reply 37
I sent my application off to the John Lewis Partnership scheme for Buying yesterday.... completed all the tests and filled out all of the second round of online stuff about education etc just now. Now I'm waiting on a response which may take a few weeks. I hope everyone else's applications are successful so far! :biggrin:
Reply 38
"Thank you for completing the tests we will be in touch soon to let you know the next steps."

Just had this email. Seems like everyone may get it
Reply 39
I was required to log on to the candidate system and then select a time. My interview is on Wednesday at 3.30pm.

how did it go?

I still haven't heard back apart from the email a week ago about getting back to me in 3 weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest