The Student Room Group

What is your social group?

As per the title, what stereotypical 'social group' do you think you fall into?

For myself, I don't know anymore. In uni, don't drink and get nowhere with girls, so am not one of the 'rugby lads', who compromise most of the people I know. I'm pretty dire at rugby as well, so have to gravitate to others rather than be one of the centres.

Most of my life I have considered myself a 'gamer/geek', but haven't had the time for the former, whilst all the gaming friends I have here 'make time' or are borderline addicted, so feel out of place amongst them as well. Not intelligent enough to be the latter.

The guys in my course... a few of them play 5-a-side football with each other, or I have no common interests with the rest. Those I do, are mainly interested in drinking as well.

All my water polo teammates are at least several years older than me and have families.

I want to find people who I can relate to and enjoy their company without as many draw backs as I currently have, trouble is, I don't know who these people might be...

A cyber penny for your thoughts?
Reply 1
uhhh... sounds like you're in social group 'normal guy'
Reply 2
I'm sort of gamer...sci if/fantasy lover...not logically minded so not really clever apart from creative stuff. Just sort of the general misfits/outcasts clique I guess. I like it that way :smile:

Ohhhhhh the pain, the pain of it all!
Reply 3
posh upper middle class
Reply 4
Original post by jusdorange
posh upper middle class

haha, love it.
Reply 5
Original post by McFlury
haha, love it.

live in kensington

ra ra ra
I'm in the social group that goes to uni, does their work and whatever needs doing and then buggers off home again, rinse and repeat.
Reply 7
One of the 'Quiet Ones'. :ninja:
Reply 9
Asians/mathematicians at my school (not even Asian)
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't think I fit in anywhere? :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
A loner who has no friends.... sad but true.
The shy musician who doesn't fit in the subjects well outside of music
The social group of quiet scientists who play video games and avoids bumping into girls.

My college is so just awesome. :cool:
(edited 10 years ago)
That mathematician who typically walks around uni totally aloof and lost in abstract thought, with a giant coffee in hand.

I have a good number of friends at uni, though in my usual free time i don't often spend it with other people. Im not interested in drinking and clubbing, which essentially reduces anyones chance of a social life to within epsilon of zero. I do, however, greatly enjoy intramural badminton!
When I started uni in September I really didn't think I would be getting on with anyone, mainly because I'm a bit shy and not really much of a drinker (even though I really can put them away, just costs me more to get drunk), but I've found that I've really come out of my shell and I've only been here for 2 months. My friends (not really friends, more acquaintances at the moment) are all very different people so it keeps things very interesting, I don't really have a fixed social group. Just anyone that has anything interesting to say :smile:

EDIT: I forgot an important detail - most of my friends are girls. This is probably because my previous school had way more girls than boys and my uni course now has a girl:boy ratio of 5:1 so that's just who's available to talk to.
(edited 10 years ago)
shy, quiet one who has a few random people and groups she flits to and from to keep things interesting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending