The Student Room Group

international student wants to go to a medical school in UK w/ unusual conditions

sorry for the title of this thread; maybe it doesn't quite make sense

I am an international student currently in my 2nd year in a US university. I am an international student in the US as well (but I'd gone to high school in this country). So basically in 2 years, I will graduate with a degree in Biochemistry.

However, I am very interested in going to a medical school in the UK. Is it even possible at all that the medical schools will let a student who has partially completed undergraduate courses in another university in a foreign country to get into their programs?

Due to various personal reasons, I'd rather transfer to a medical school in the UK or even start over as an undergraduate freshman than finishing my Biochemistry degree first.

I will surely email each medical school about it, but I just want to get a heads up here.
Original post by chainiwatmj
sorry for the title of this thread; maybe it doesn't quite make sense

I am an international student currently in my 2nd year in a US university. I am an international student in the US as well (but I'd gone to high school in this country). So basically in 2 years, I will graduate with a degree in Biochemistry.

However, I am very interested in going to a medical school in the UK. Is it even possible at all that the medical schools will let a student who has partially completed undergraduate courses in another university in a foreign country to get into their programs?

Due to various personal reasons, I'd rather transfer to a medical school in the UK or even start over as an undergraduate freshman than finishing my Biochemistry degree first.

I will surely email each medical school about it, but I just want to get a heads up here.

Hi, and welcome to TSR
This link may help you to identify med schools that may have reservations... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_for_Medicine_Whilst_on_a_Different_Course
But given the international dimension, you may still have to check with the individual med schools as to whether their policies would apply to you.
HTH, and good luck!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending