The Student Room Group

resitting as?

im currently studying A2. last year i got two C's, 7 marks off a B overall in both subjects.
do you reckon i should resit meaning doing all units again. its sociology and business?
also any tips to revise :rolleyes:

thankyouuuuuuu.

p.s considering i revised literally the night before and barely attending college im pretty sure i can do better i just don't want to make it too stressful and mess up on a2-
Reply 1
Original post by winterx
im currently studying A2. last year i got two C's, 7 marks off a B overall in both subjects.
do you reckon i should resit meaning doing all units again. its sociology and business?
also any tips to revise :rolleyes:

thankyouuuuuuu.

p.s considering i revised literally the night before and barely attending college im pretty sure i can do better i just don't want to make it too stressful and mess up on a2-

For sociology you can defo do it! In my fist attempt I got an E :colondollar: Not really proud of it, but with extra work and more dedication I retook it! I got an A! Though I got an over all B (one of an A) I was so chuffed! I dont know if we are doing the same board but I think you should take just one As the one with the bigger percentage :P Like I do AQA and I want to retake Education which is 60% because I got an B for it and I want an overall A* next year.

And this time, do notes for ALL of the things you learn and in more detail and do lots of past papers! I am SURE you can do better! I dont know about business though. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by AnimeCrazy
For sociology you can defo do it! In my fist attempt I got an E :colondollar: Not really proud of it, but with extra work and more dedication I retook it! I got an A! Though I got an over all B (one of an A) I was so chuffed! I dont know if we are doing the same board but I think you should take just one As the one with the bigger percentage :P Like I do AQA and I want to retake Education which is 60% because I got an B for it and I want an overall A* next year.

And this time, do notes for ALL of the things you learn and in more detail and do lots of past papers! I am SURE you can do better! I dont know about business though. Good luck!

Thanks so much for replying! yes i was thinking to do that too! im doing aqa too :P in unit 1 i was two marks off a B and unit 2 i was 5 marks off. arghh.
Wow i wish i could just for once get an A! haha but thanks a ton and i hope you get an A*, best of luck! :biggrin: x

p.s i made lots of notes probably not the best, any books you'd suggest? or if i could see yours :colondollar: thanksss! :-D
Reply 3
Original post by winterx
Thanks so much for replying! yes i was thinking to do that too! im doing aqa too :P in unit 1 i was two marks off a B and unit 2 i was 5 marks off. arghh.
Wow i wish i could just for once get an A! haha but thanks a ton and i hope you get an A*, best of luck! :biggrin: x

p.s i made lots of notes probably not the best, any books you'd suggest? or if i could see yours :colondollar: thanksss! :-D

Hey! With hard work anyone can get an A! And thanks!

The book I used was the big orange book for the sociology and this one, its literally the BEST

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Succeed-AS-Sociology-Complete-Specification/dp/0954007972/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y

Its got EVERYTHING on it, and some top model questions and answers!
Its Families and Household plus Education! I hope you are doing them both ;P But as for notes I got some but its on my college system and we are on half term so I;ll send it on monday if thats okay?

But anything else just ask!
Reply 4
Hii, thats fine and yes i am doing them all again haha! :smile: thanks so much! and thats fine im back in college on monday too so that would be great! il send you my email, thankyou!
Reply 5
Also what is the name of the other book you used? thanks! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by winterx
Also what is the name of the other book you used? thanks! :smile:

Its the orange book, ,this one;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Level-Sociology-Complete-Specification/dp/0954007956/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382785262&sr=8-1&keywords=sociology+as

Its REALLY good xD! Oh, thats good, just PM your email :P

College on Monday is gonna be a dragggggg! God.

Also are you applying for Uni this year? And what course?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by AnimeCrazy
Its the orange book, ,this one;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Level-Sociology-Complete-Specification/dp/0954007956/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382785262&sr=8-1&keywords=sociology+as

Its REALLY good xD! Oh, thats good, just PM your email :P

College on Monday is gonna be a dragggggg! God.

Also are you applying for Uni this year? And what course?

ahh thank you so much ! I will do :biggrin:

oh no you don't know how much I hateeeee college!

so not looking forward to it :frown: & yep! Something business law orientated so business law, law, business, business management. International business nt sure haha. I'd like to go Staffordshire it has fast track degrees and isn't too far or maybe uclan but nothing is really appealing me mehhhh. What about you!? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest