The Student Room Group

Does anyone else have a imaginary life?

Scroll to see replies

I am suffering from a slight Game of Thrones addiction right now, so whenever I feel depressed about the boringness of life, I pretend I'm a Khaleesi and as I walk through London, I start picturing everyone else in medieval costume, going about their medieval fantasy lives. It makes the world so much more interesting!

...but in all seriousness, I probably need help...
Reply 41
We must all be in the same mental home:smile:
Reply 42
Original post by momomomo123
I imagine that I am living in Regency England.

Don't we all? :tongue:
Reply 43
I do, and that's where I spend most of my time :smile:
Reply 44
I daydream about my future, mostly about plans and stuff.

However: Maladaptive Daydreaming (warning, it's a wiki link)
Original post by Hravan
Do you mean the life where I've won the lottery or the many lives where I'm in Harry Potter/ Middle-earth/ Discworld/ Iron Age Britain/ Anglo-Saxon Britain/ Regency Britain/ Firefly/ Supernatural?

Which one? :tongue:

:lol:

Lots of people have pleasant fantasies, but it takes a Tolkien to construct a whole convincing world with peoples, languages, histories and cultures in his head over decades from when he was about 5 and eventually turn it into best-selling literature.

When I was about 11, I liked a story in my head that I had two perfect older sisters who adored me - they were 17 and 19 in the daydreams - they took me everywhere, introduced me to famous people and helped me get on socially with dazzling boys who were doing wonderful things at university. I think they were kind of ideal replacements for my real sister, who was bossy and three years older than me. (She's still 3 years older, but not so bossy with me now. :biggrin:) They were superbly glamorous and socially competent and they didn't mind that I had braces. They helped me not to be tongue-tied with famous good-looking popstar boys. :cool:
I do psychology and making up dreams/scenarios in your head means you're creative :biggrin: maybe we should write down our imaginary worlds and make best selling books and get really rich :P then the dream would be a reality!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by bethanychoo
I do psychology and making up dreams/scenarios in your head means you're creative :biggrin: maybe we should write down our imaginary worlds and make best selling books and get really rich :P then the dream would be a reality!

Posted from TSR Mobile

But we don't dream about selling books and getting rich that way :tongue:
I tend to reflect on how a situation would've gone if I had reacted different/said something else, and then play out the whole situation in my head. I'm generally quite obsessive and controlling like that, and I don't like to take risks. I guess my imagination sort of compensates for my lack of bravery to do wild things by imagining the awesomeness of doing such things. I'm anti Yolo essentially.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mrhedgehog
This may sound a little sad but I am curious to know if anyone else has another 'world' where they get to do whatever they want and it is much better than reality.

Several, actually. I choose the one best suited to the occasion :biggrin:
Original post by mrhedgehog
But we don't dream about selling books and getting rich that way :tongue:

No, but you get my drift xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
In a way, yes. I don't have an overarching storyline, but I think all the time about situations I've come across, how I could've reacted differently, what I may encounter in the future and, yes, even fantasies where I'm the best version of me that I can be.

And that's in between daydreaming about stories I've seen, read and made up, not to mention the odd ethical or philosophical dilemma.

I actually think I spend more of my days in my head then outside it. To date, I've yet to decide as to whether that's a bad thing or not. :erm:

Original post by IlexBlue
Why not do something to make what you dream/ your ideal "you" a reality? :holmes:

To answer your query with a relatively famous quote:

"thats long bruv" - Anonymous Londoner
I am actually really surprised at how many people have said yes. I'm not criticising at all - I think it sounds kind of cool - but the thought has never even crossed my mind before. I wouldn't even know where to start. Maybe I don't have the best imagination!
Reply 53
Certainly not.
Original post by cant_think_of_name
I am actually really surprised at how many people have said yes. I'm not criticising at all - I think it sounds kind of cool - but the thought has never even crossed my mind before. I wouldn't even know where to start. Maybe I don't have the best imagination!

I'd suggest starting in a book :yep: That's where I got them from, anyway :lol:
Reply 55
I do! I keep track of it all as well. Like which album is released when, when I directed my first film, when I decided to concentrate on writing. Sounds hilarious but apparently it's a healthy way to live, usually.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iP
Reply 56
Original post by cant_think_of_name

Well the ones that are are the ones more more likely to be attracted to post on this thread!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending