The Student Room Group

What would happen if I didn't put down one of my GCSE grades

One subject I did terrible in its not maths, english or science. Would universities do anything about it? If they found out could I just tell them that I forgot to put it down or won't they really check
It depends I guess.. I s'pose they wouldn't know unless they asked for copies of your certificates and it was on one of the ones you had to send
Best to be honest though! :smile:
the world will implode.

i don't think i put one of mine down tbh
Reply 3
they can catch you out later on and kick you out of uni/remove your offer if you fail to declare all of your grades
Reply 4
Original post by ineedtorevise127
One subject I did terrible in its not maths, english or science. Would universities do anything about it? If they found out could I just tell them that I forgot to put it down or won't they really check

If they ask for copies of your certificates to confirm your GCSE grades and it was on the same certificate as a grade you declared then they can withdraw your offer/ can kick you out of uni if you're there. Whether they'd do that or not is something you cant know. It's probably better just to be on the safe side.

It's not worth the risk if they do ask for proof, just depends where you're applying really, I have an offer from Warwick and they've asked for stamped copies of my GCSE and A Level certificates but a different uni might not have asked :dontknow:
Reply 5
I had a friend who applied to medicine and didn't put his GCSE maths grade down because he got a D. No one asked any questions, he got into Leeds. :confused: Honestly don't know how he got away with it. (This was last year)
Reply 6
Original post by ineedtorevise127
You potentially invalidate your application and could lose any place you might have been offered. It's not worth the risk. A dodgy GCSE in a non-relevant subject is not going to make the difference between an offer and a rejection.

Original post by moonziggy
I had a friend who applied to medicine and didn't put his GCSE maths grade down because he got a D. No one asked any questions, he got into Leeds. :confused: Honestly don't know how he got away with it. (This was last year)
No, I don't either, since a maths GCSE would normally be a core requirement to get an offer at all, especially for medicine. He may have been telling porkies, of course.
Reply 7
Original post by Minerva

No, I don't either, since a maths GCSE would normally be a core requirement to get an offer at all, especially for medicine. He may have been telling porkies, of course.

I was with him when he sent his application off..
If they find out you haven't declared an exam grade, it is taken seriously and treated as fraud. Universities can and do withdraw offers at any time, because of this. Some do ask for proof of GCSE results at enrollment. If they withdrew your place at that stage, it would be too late to get another place for that year, and you might face issues with paying for accomadation etc.

It's not worth the risk, when one poor GCSE result won't harm your application.
Reply 9
Throw your application away. You have to declare all GCSEs and A levels
Contact [email protected] and get them to put it on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending