The Student Room Group

Year 12 Predictionss matter?

Hola, I recently got my Predicted Grades for year 12 and they are: CCDD

Now whilst this isn't exactly flattering, I believe I have made a positive start this part half term and I practically aced my GCSEs so I have no idea why these target grades are so low.

My question is, Do Year 12 target grades really matter? I know Year 13 predictions certainly do and have heard it about 10 times a day for the past 3 years but I have never wondered if my poor Year 12 predictions will effect my chances of getting into a good university?
Original post by IrishBoyInLondon
Hola, I recently got my Predicted Grades for year 12 and they are: CCDD

Now whilst this isn't exactly flattering, I believe I have made a positive start this part half term and I practically aced my GCSEs so I have no idea why these target grades are so low.

My question is, Do Year 12 target grades really matter? I know Year 13 predictions certainly do and have heard it about 10 times a day for the past 3 years but I have never wondered if my poor Year 12 predictions will effect my chances of getting into a good university?

Nope. They are irrelevant. Work hard, exceed them and you'll get the predictions you want come year 13 :smile:
Reply 2
I was predicted CCC when i entered year 12.
I am now predicted A*AA

They mean jack all.
Reply 3
The universities won't know what you were predicted at AS, only your achieved grades.
Reply 4
Year 12 predicted grades do not matter, and universities do not look at them.

Year 13 predictions are significantly more important, combined with your actual AS grades. Use your current unflattering predicted grades as motivation to get a stellar set of Year 13 predicted grades, and you'll be absolutely fine.

Best of luck with this year. :smile:
Basically everyone in the first couple of terms of year 12 get predicted pretty low even if you have made a positive start and have done well in your GCSE's :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest