The Student Room Group

Saint Dominics

Hello guys. I am in year 11 and wanting to apply to Saint Dominics. Can someone who's been through the application process please help me out?

Also, where can I get a religious reference from?
Reply 1
St Dominic's is a pretty common school name, you might want to be specific about which one you are applying to.
You'd get a religious reference from a religious leader at the the place where you worship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
St Dominic's is a pretty common school name, you might want to be specific about which one you are applying to.
You'd get a religious reference from a religious leader at the the place where you worship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What if you do not know the religious leader?

What would the religious reference consist of?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by gdunne42

Posted from TSR Mobile

Saint Dominic's Sixth Form College

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hello, I currently study at St Dominics Sixth Form College, so I hope I'll be able to help. I hope you're referring to the one situated in Harrow on the Hill. If you are deciding to apply here, you're making a good choice. :smile:

In regards on how to apply, my memory is a little dusty, but I believe I received my application forms and details in a pack from the open day. If you did not attend the open day however, I'm sure there will be plenty of information on the website to help you out with all the details you need. (http://www.stdoms.ac.uk/admissions/)

The religious reference form needs to be filled and completed by a religious leader of some sort. For example, my form was signed by someone at my local temple.

Best of luck with your application!
Reply 5
Original post by Shah09
Hello, I currently study at St Dominics Sixth Form College, so I hope I'll be able to help. I hope you're referring to the one situated in Harrow on the Hill. If you are deciding to apply here, you're making a good choice. :smile:

In regards on how to apply, my memory is a little dusty, but I believe I received my application forms and details in a pack from the open day. If you did not attend the open day however, I'm sure there will be plenty of information on the website to help you out with all the details you need. (http://www.stdoms.ac.uk/admissions/)

The religious reference form needs to be filled and completed by a religious leader of some sort. For example, my form was signed by someone at my local temple.

Best of luck with your application!

Thanks! I am reffering to the one situated in Harrow. When do you get a acceptance/rejection letter from the College? Moreover, how far do you live away, because I fear that I may not get accepted due to the distance (Hayes)? Do you know anyone who lives far away and still got accepted?

Sorry for the questions, I'm just very curious!
Reply 6
Original post by oneabdi
Thanks! I am reffering to the one situated in Harrow. When do you get a acceptance/rejection letter from the College? Moreover, how far do you live away, because I fear that I may not get accepted due to the distance (Hayes)? Do you know anyone who lives far away and still got accepted?

Sorry for the questions, I'm just very curious!

Haha, no worries. I'm happy to help with any questions.

I received an acceptance letter, I believe, sometime during the early months of the year. I can't remember specifically, but most people in my high school (including myself) all received their acceptance/rejection letters all at the same time.

I live pretty local to the school, considering it takes me only a single bus ride. HOWEVER, from my knowledge the distance you live away from the school shouldn't be too large a factor. I believe I know of one person who actually comes from Hayes, whilst others come from places like Watford and Ealing.
Honest is what I will be. St Dominics is overrated, there, I said it. It seems amazing but it just doesn't live up to its hype, its extremely stale, cold and boring- there's no vibrancy or enjoyment- its unpleasant. The teachers aren't that phenomenal as the prospectus suggests. The students are segregated- that is a fact. The popular people mainly come from Sacred Hart/Salvotorian and already have their friendship groups made. The Asians stick to their own and look down on the aforementioned popular group. Thus, a divide is created.

I understand that you wish to study medicine. That is really great news. However, please do understand that many people from St.Doms take the Biologies, Chemistry's and Physics/Psychology dolloped on with Maths. So, the competition is fierce, thats certian.

You choose.

PS: Activities at the sixth form college are really spectacular, they offer a huge variety of them. However, you can't do an A-Level in one, can you!

JUST MY OPINION, MAKE SURE YOU MAKE YOUR OWN MIND UP! GOOD LUCK
Reply 8
Hi
could you tell me step by step how to answer part a, b and c of the religious reference sheet

thanks
Reply 9
I'm going to assume Shah09 is studying A2 as he said it was a while back when he was accepted. I currently study AS-levels at St Doms. I was accepted in April 2013 via e-mail and then by post a few days later.

Original post by erfan121
Hi
could you tell me step by step how to answer part a, b and c of the religious reference sheet

thanks

Just think about religion has affected your life positively (you may exaggerate, but not to a ridiculous extent). I said that growing up in my Church has allowed me to strengthen my spiritual relationship with God and my friends at Church. I said that I would like to make similar connections at St Doms and as it is a religious school it would enable me to enhance my relationship with God.

As for the dude who said does distance matter (OP i think), I live in Mill Hill which is an hour by bus away. I know people from further out (Hendon) and they're in. There's no point going to St Doms if you have a 2-hour journey.

Original post by BeingEducated
Honest is what I will be. St Dominics is overrated, there, I said it. It seems amazing but it just doesn't live up to its hype, its extremely stale, cold and boring- there's no vibrancy or enjoyment- its unpleasant. The teachers aren't that phenomenal as the prospectus suggests. The students are segregated- that is a fact. The popular people mainly come from Sacred Hart/Salvotorian and already have their friendship groups made. The Asians stick to their own and look down on the aforementioned popular group. Thus, a divide is created.

I understand that you wish to study medicine. That is really great news. However, please do understand that many people from St.Doms take the Biologies, Chemistry's and Physics/Psychology dolloped on with Maths. So, the competition is fierce, thats certian.

You choose.

PS: Activities at the sixth form college are really spectacular, they offer a huge variety of them. However, you can't do an A-Level in one, can you!

JUST MY OPINION, MAKE SURE YOU MAKE YOUR OWN MIND UP! GOOD LUCK

I agree about the segregation. Indians stay with indians, tamils stay with tamils, whites stay with whites, blacks stay with blacks. I don't know why this is, but I guess people are naturally drawn to people of similar race.

Not me though, I'm white British (not from Salvo) and all my friends are South Asian lol.

Quick Reply

Latest