The Student Room Group

Guitar Lessons

Hi Everyone

I'm a beginner at Guitar and I'm interested in taking lessons. The lessons though university are quite expensive so I was wondering if anyone had any advice about finding a guitar tutor around the university of Warwick who might be willing to teach me and somebody else in a group session. I want to learn electric guitar and she wants to learn acoustic.

Or if anyone who reads this might be interested then please reply.

Thanks
Reply 1
why don't you check on youtube instead of spending money.
Reply 2
If you are just starting, I would highly suggest one-on-one private tuition. Simply as learning that initial muscle memory is essential for your long term playing

I couldn't name any tutors in your area, but look for a tutor who is into your style of music that you want to play, has a good few years experience and ideally has an online presence where you can appraise their playing. There are way too many hacks who advertise themselves as guitar tutors.

Other than that, guitar stores often do group sessions. I used to run a few group sessions in the long distant past and while it can be helpful, it's a challenge to give each student an appropriate amount of time.

(source: part time guitar tutor for 12 years)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending