The Student Room Group

Reason for 'excessive' hate of Muslims on TSR

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
There are a lot of aspects of Islam that are horrendous. Unfortunately, some Muslims here are willing to attempt to justify these aspects (paedophilia, slavery, women's lesser rights, homophobia, etc), which makes those sorts of threads popular.
Original post by dontdodrugskids
I'm not convinced that you're concentrating on your exams.

Ok, time to log off tsr xo
I think most of this 'anti-Islam' stuff is vastly exaggerated, like most discrimination has over the past 20 years. They just fling the word 'racism' around like it were a Frisbee when somebody disagree's with somebody who believes in Islam.

Islam just doesn't know how to debate. It oozes a sense of entitlement and cannot accept criticism or disagreement in many circumstances, it's very domineering.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by theskyisblu
They can't face the fact that Islam is the truth. If they want answers why do they come on here and start banging on about every little detail on the Quran to a bunch of students who know absolutely NOTHING about the Quran, when they can go to qualified islamic teachers who are more than happy to answer them.

Very true, I see where you are coming from. Just out of interest do you believe in Islam
Original post by Destiel <3
Hi,

So firstly I am not of Islamic belief, but this has piqued my interest as every time I go on this forum there is at least one thread in the 'most popular' section about something to do with Muslims being percieved in a negative aspect.

Have I missed something as to why this pertains, or is this just a common perception due to the Taliban/ 9/11/ Bin Laden etc.

By using the phrase 'excessive' - you suggest there is an appropriate amount of dislike of islam and muslims
Reply 25
Hi,

So firstly I am not of Islamic belief, but this has piqued my interest as every time I go on this forum there is at least one thread in the 'most popular' section about something to do with Islam in a negative aspect.

Have I missed something as to why this pertains, or is this just a common perception due to the Taliban/ 9/11/ Bin Laden etc.

I think it's a combination of racial stereotypes, news and bad influnces, i read a quote somewhere saying that "not all muslims are terroists, but all terrorists are muslim" i think that along with all of the governments around to world giving muslims bad publicity is what does it

Now i'll admit that i can be prejudice (spelling) against muslims etc. but that comes from the fact that i never met any before uni so i only had news etc. to go on, glad to say that my views have changed, you do still get some "bad eggs" here and there, but that's life

so in conclusion it's mainly due to politcs/news and stereotypes (In My Opinon)
Original post by usernme_
alot of people on here are quite dumb really but actually think they are super intellectuals who know everything , they will probably grow up and realize how closeminded and embarrassing they were

I hope you're not referring to me, was just asking a question :'(
Original post by Bellflower
There are a lot of aspects of Islam that are horrendous. Unfortunately, some Muslims here are willing to attempt to justify these aspects (paedophilia, slavery, women's lesser rights, homophobia, etc), which makes those sorts of threads popular.

Ah right thank you, I see now.
Original post by CryptoidAlien
I think most of this 'anti-Islam' stuff is vastly exaggerated, like most discrimination has over the past 20 years. They just fling the word 'racism' around like it were a Frisbee when somebody disagree's with somebody who believes in Islam.

Islam just doesn't know how to debate. It oozes a sense of entitlement and cannot accept criticism or disagreement in many circumstances, it's very domineering.

Very true
Original post by AntiRadical
By using the phrase 'excessive' - you suggest there is an appropriate amount of dislike of islam and muslims

on this forum yes..
There are certain members *cough* Stoic *cough* that get a sick pleasure out of stupidly bashing other people because they hate their own lives. However, some Muslims *cough* Al *cough* get the same pleasure from doing this to atheists etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tcrumpen
I think it's a combination of racial stereotypes, news and bad influnces, i read a quote somewhere saying that "not all muslims are terroists, but all terrorists are muslim" i think that along with all of the governments around to world giving muslims bad publicity is what does it

Now i'll admit that i can be prejudice (spelling) against muslims etc. but that comes from the fact that i never met any before uni so i only had news etc. to go on, glad to say that my views have changed, you do still get some "bad eggs" here and there, but that's life

so in conclusion it's mainly due to politcs/news and stereotypes (In My Opinon)

ah right thank you :smile:
Reply 32
I hope you're not referring to me, was just asking a question :'(

no not you the people starting the hate threads/comments :cookie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by usernme_
no not you the people starting the hate threads/comments :cookie:

Oh ok that annoys me too.
Reply 34
Original post by Maid Marian
That's different.

It's really not.
Destiel, I'm worried about you, the time you spent digging up my threads could be used to concentrate on your exams.
Original post by CJKay
It's really not.

It really is. :huff:
Original post by dontdodrugskids
You're right, you're more annoying.

Nah mate, you're definitely more annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Maid Marian
It really is. :huff:

:colonhash:
Original post by Peaches & Cream
Nah mate, you're definitely more annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If that were true, I wouldn't have got the rep I've got in this thread. Nice try though.

Quick Reply

Latest