The Student Room Group

Reason for 'excessive' hate of Muslims on TSR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CJKay
:colonhash:

:bootyshake:
Reply 41
They usually have a pattern, Atheist troll starts a flame thread, bigots/closet racists who think Muslims=Pakistanis roll in to add their anecdotal arguments, Radical Muslim trolls roll in to add their 2 cents, one knowledgeable Muslim user (usually Tazrooni) come in and basically refute everything. OP gets stumped decides he'll just argue with the Muslim trolls and what was resolved on page 2, ends up being a 30 page thread discussing everything from terrorism to dietary requirements.
Original post by saimaahmadd
All students on here will be voting for UKIP or BNP next year. That is why.

I have noticed on TSR that everyone is either extreme left or extreme right. There's like no middle ground...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by Tcrumpen
I think it's a combination of racial stereotypes, news and bad influnces, i read a quote somewhere saying that "not all muslims are terroists, but all terrorists are muslim" i think that along with all of the governments around to world giving muslims bad publicity is what does it

Now i'll admit that i can be prejudice (spelling) against muslims etc. but that comes from the fact that i never met any before uni so i only had news etc. to go on, glad to say that my views have changed, you do still get some "bad eggs" here and there, but that's life

so in conclusion it's mainly due to politcs/news and stereotypes (In My Opinon)

'All terrorists are Muslims'? What about Breivik or the recent Lapshyn. Are those not terrorists, just to name a few? Why does this title only apply to Muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by MilB
'All terrorists are Muslims'? What about Breivik or the recent Lapshyn. Are those not terrorists, just to name a few? Why does this title only apply to Muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't say it, just saying i read a quote ... it help justify the point i was making about stereotypes, news etc. giving bad press
Reply 45
I posted a thread similar to this a few days ago..... And to my surprise everyone started arguing (sarcasm)
Original post by 2ndClass
They usually have a pattern, Atheist troll starts a flame thread, bigots/closet racists who think Muslims=Pakistanis roll in to add their anecdotal arguments, Radical Muslim trolls roll in to add their 2 cents, one knowledgeable Muslim user (usually Tazrooni) come in and basically refute everything. OP gets stumped decides he'll just argue with the Muslim trolls and what was resolved on page 2, ends up being a 30 page thread discussing everything from terrorism to dietary requirements.

This.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People think that they can speak and spew hate about religions because they are hiding behind a username. I have never met more friendly people than the Muslims I know. Even though I am a white female atheist, I get offended by peoples racism and religion based hate.
Original post by Obiejess
I have noticed on TSR that everyone is either extreme left or extreme right. There's like no middle ground...

Posted from TSR Mobile

no its just extreme views are always the loudest, because they are more desperate to be heard.
Original post by Destiel <3
Hi,

So firstly I am not of Islamic belief, but this has piqued my interest as every time I go on this forum there is at least one thread in the 'most popular' section about something to do with Muslims being percieved in a negative aspect.

Have I missed something as to why this pertains, or is this just a common perception due to the Taliban/ 9/11/ Bin Laden etc.

I don't like Islam because its a violent, oppressive, barbaric religion.

I have no inherent problem with Muslims. I do have a problem with the violent, the authoritarian, the sexist, the homophobic and such. Unfortunately Islam often brings out these traits in people.
lack of understanding of what it truly means to be a 'muslim' and what following the religion really entails. Or they see the terrible things done by the minority of Muslims and then they extrapolate from that and come to the conclusion that all Muslims are bad and Islam is evil. Seems irrational in my opinion..but what do I know :K:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The Angry Stoic
I don't like Islam because its a violent, oppressive, barbaric religion.

I have no inherent problem with Muslims. I do have a problem with the violent, the authoritarian, the sexist, the homophobic and such. Unfortunately Islam often brings out these traits in people.

Therefore, do you like people who believe in violent, oppressive barbarism?
Original post by Obiejess
There are certain members *cough* Stoic *cough* that get a sick pleasure out of stupidly bashing other people because they hate their own lives. However, some Muslims *cough* Al *cough* get the same pleasure from doing this to atheists etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think its as simplistic as that. nor do I agree with OPs simplistic analysis of what happens on TSR. I think most people have an issue, do so with islam itself, not muslims. muslims are people like u or me, u get good ones and bad. its irrational to say u 'hate muslims' (even though there will be a small group that dosay this as they would have balck people, foreigners etc) its important to separate for the irrational. There are many highly educated tsr-ers that have read the quran, studied at least some Islamic history and observe how islam influences muslims. Many on both sides of the argument haven't done any of that. There is no doubt that islam itself is full of controversial edicts, that 'anti-muslims' ty as often as poss to highlight and muslims do there best to play down/ re-direct from. In the middle we can have an intelligent debate about it though. It might have been irrational to dislike or hate 1930s German people, but it made perfect sense to dislike 1930s Naziism.
Original post by Extremotroph
Therefore, do you like people who believe in violent, oppressive barbarism?

No
Oh and to everyone pulling the 'lack off understanding' BS, please don't fall on such a primitive defence mechanism.
Original post by Maid Marian
It really is. :huff:

It really x is not.
Reply 56
Because, in general, the Muslims on TSR make threads with the aim of bringing people to Islam. However, they ultimately always fail as they use circular arguments and fallacies to back up their misguided points. And then there's the fact that the religion is oppressive, chauvinistic and misogynisticic in its believes.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by kidomo
It really x is not.

:bootyshake:
Original post by The Angry Stoic
No

Therefore, is it statement of reality to say that a muslim is someone who believes in violent, authoritarian barbarism?
Reply 59
Original post by Destiel <3
Hi,

So firstly I am not of Islamic belief, but this has piqued my interest as every time I go on this forum there is at least one thread in the 'most popular' section about something to do with Muslims being percieved in a negative aspect.

Have I missed something as to why this pertains, or is this just a common perception due to the Taliban/ 9/11/ Bin Laden etc.

I think it's because threads about Islam tend to discuss topics that are so contrary to secular western culture and that Muslims who contribute to these threads don't compromise on their beliefs; it makes for a very heated discussion.

Quick Reply

Latest