The Student Room Group

ever filed a written complaint?

i handed a typed up complaint into my work, and long story short, it wasnt dealt with and was basically just brushed under the carpet. i handed it into the supervisor, not my team leaders, but the person who is highest up in the company. she passed on the message to my team leaders that she wasnt going to deal with it and was leaving it to them. they then basically failed to really take any appropriate action.

i know its pretty typical for management to be incompetent, but im just wondering if anyone else has had experiences with handing in complaints.

im not in a union. i feel like ive basically highlighted an issue and the management is too lazy or cant be bothered with the hassle of dealing with it. i know there really isnt any more i can do... but im just wondering what others think. (I know i havent gone into detail about the situation, but its cos i cant post anon for some reason..)
What was it about if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Davelittle
What was it about if you don't mind me asking?

co-worker was lazy and didnt do her jobs, meaning i had to do them, this went on for 2 years until i eventually didnt want to be a pushover anymore and stood up for myself (by handing in the complaint) and i had raised the issues over the 2 years continuously, theyd spoken to her and told her what her jobs were, but it made no difference and she still didnt do them so i had to. she then clearly caught on that it was me complaining about her so began ignoring me and acting like a child (shes around about 60). i ended up going home from work in tears because of how she treated me, and no action was taken after this, she wasnt disciplined or told off in any way.

basically i dont understand why its acceptable to not do any work, in any other company the person would be fired. but it seems like they just dont want the hassle. and i know for a fact that if i came in and decided i wasnt going to do any work, they wouldnt let me get away with it, theyd kick my ass verbally. so i dont really get why they just shrug it off in her case (it isnt that they favour her or anything, the management have put in complaints about her themselves...)
Original post by Chocolatesoup
co-worker was lazy and didnt do her jobs, meaning i had to do them, this went on for 2 years until i eventually didnt want to be a pushover anymore and stood up for myself (by handing in the complaint) and i had raised the issues over the 2 years continuously, theyd spoken to her and told her what her jobs were, but it made no difference and she still didnt do them so i had to. she then clearly caught on that it was me complaining about her so began ignoring me and acting like a child (shes around about 60). i ended up going home from work in tears because of how she treated me, and no action was taken after this, she wasnt disciplined or told off in any way.

basically i dont understand why its acceptable to not do any work, in any other company the person would be fired. but it seems like they just dont want the hassle. and i know for a fact that if i came in and decided i wasnt going to do any work, they wouldnt let me get away with it, theyd kick my ass verbally. so i dont really get why they just shrug it off in her case (it isnt that they favour her or anything, the management have put in complaints about her themselves...)

Is there anyone higher up you can go to?
Original post by Davelittle
Is there anyone higher up you can go to?

yeah already did, she "didnt want to deal with it"... helpful.
Original post by Chocolatesoup
yeah already did, she "didnt want to deal with it"... helpful.

No higher up than her? Like senior management?
Reply 6
Yep I complained about my boss, she's a vile creature. Nothing happened so I quit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending