The Student Room Group

what a levels to pick for a career in Buisness (Marketing)

Hello!

please can you tell me what are the best A-Levels to pick for a business career I want to choose Marketing for my Degree, I want what the universities want therefore traditional subjects BUT NOT MATHS!

so far I have SPANISH and Economics (or Business studies)
PLEASE can you all tell me what other two subjects I should take which I'll make the most from for university and my Business career
(preferably not a science either)

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!!
Reply 1
English ? Religious studies / philosophy ? Psychology ? history ? Politics ?

English language will probably be very beneficial (apparently not too difficult either). Just watch out for business + economics. Some universities may raise your entry requirements as a result of the combination.

What subject options are available to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Sofia98
Hello!

please can you tell me what are the best A-Levels to pick for a business career I want to choose Marketing for my Degree, I want what the universities want therefore traditional subjects BUT NOT MATHS!

so far I have SPANISH and Economics (or Business studies)
PLEASE can you all tell me what other two subjects I should take which I'll make the most from for university and my Business career
(preferably not a science either)

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
I was going to pick either business studies oreconomics

so one of them, Spanish, English language and what do you think will be be most beneficial for me as a 4 subject for my career?

thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 3
Also the subjects you listened are available to me:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Sofia98
I was going to pick either business studies oreconomics

so one of them, Spanish, English language and what do you think will be be most beneficial for me as a 4 subject for my career?

thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!

Well Marketing isn't too competitive and i dont think have any specific subject requirements. I think the highest offers you will see for the course is AAB.

Economics, Spanish and English Language are a very good set for the course. The other subject is down to you really. I dont know what your personal interests are / how good you are at Gcse for certain subjects, so its difficult to tell!

Psychology & Politics are subjects where its more about remembering all the details, rather than initiative. Where as History and Philosophy / Religion perhaps rely on remembering but requires more 'outside the box thinking'.

Any of those subjects would do very nicely. Perhaps look further into the courses at your college / sixth form. Possibly asking TSR members about the subject, in the subject forum? :smile:
Reply 5
would it matter if I did Buisness studies instead of Economics?

in my gcse RE I got 100% so I think I'm a good contender f
Reply 6
For philloshy and ethics but I'd like to to physcology I'm undecided!
Reply 7
Original post by Sofia98
would it matter if I did Buisness studies instead of Economics?

in my gcse RE I got 100% so I think I'm a good contender f

Why would your RE gcse have anything to do with business?

Anyway, lots of unis, especially RG, consider business studies as soft, so I'd recommend really thinking about that. Economics is a good choice, and I know you said not maths, but I really would suggest thinking about that as it would go hand in hand with econ and is an extremely useful qualification. I'd say literature would be a better choice over eng language too, it looks better. You said Spanish, any foreign language is good :smile: I'd consider something like either history or philosophy and ethics, too?
Reply 8
The ol 'traditional argument' for subject choices..... -.-

I mean if you feel really confident about business then go for it. In the end it's your a levels (and 1 'soft' subject hardly gonna mean you get 0 offers)
Don't listen to people who demand you to take literature and maths because they don't know you attitude to the subject. Doing subjects for the sake of it looking better will more likely blow in your face. - something I reckon the traditionalist subject arguers don't take into account

Anyways your subjects would be fine for a course that doesn't face too many competitors. Psychology and re bit of a toss up but maybe talking to teachers / college about the subject may sway your mind to a particular subject

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest