The Student Room Group

How long would it take to privately study a Geography A Level?

Hello everybody, I started sixth form this September studying Physics, Maths, English Literature, and Economics but I really regret not choosing Geography... my passion I once had for Physics is dying away and I remember how much I loved Geography (I achieved an A*) at GCSE, but I doubt this late I can switch around my options as I'm happy with them but just want Geography as well... So would anybody know how long it would take me to privately study an A Level in Geography? Where to study it from? What it's like? How hard is studying 5 A Levels? Thanks very much in advance
Are you talking about studying an entire A Level? The whole two years? I think that'd be pretty difficult and you'd probably need support from the school's Geography department.

If you're just considering doing AS Geography, then that's more doable, although there is an element to the Unit 2 exam across all boards where you'd have to complete some fieldwork. If you discuss it with the department, you could possibly join them on their fieldtrip, but otherwise it'd be pretty tricky.

Consider asking if you can move after the half-term break, possibly switch it for Physics if you don't enjoy it as much anymore. Ask someone who does currently do AS Geography if they could show you what they've done so far, and have a read around the topics so that you can show you're prepared to catch up with the work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending