The Student Room Group

Faulty food product I bought, what should I do?

I bought a tub of cheeselets from Tescos. There's a lid to the container, then underneath there's a metal tin foil wrapper, then you get the cheeselets. I opened the lid just now and the metal tin foil wrapper was ripped open and about 1/3 of the cheeselets weren't there.

Can I get a refund or replacement for this and how do I go about doing it? I'm put off eating them. Who knows whose hands have been in there? :erm:
Reply 1
They're Jacobs brand.
(edited 4 years ago)
Do you still have the receipt? If not, then go back to the store where you bought them, with as much information as you know from when you bought them (e.g. did you pay on card or cash, did you buy anything else, time, self-service or normal till) (you can do this within 21 days).

Once you have the receipt, take them back to the store, explain the situation, they will give you a refund or exchange.
Reply 3
I got a refund for it at the store. the woman who served me was very 'obedient' lol, she just quickly scanned the item and gave me £2 in cash, didn't question anything and didn't ask for a receipt.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Bassetts

anyway I got a refund for it at the store. the woman who served me was very 'obedient' lol, she just quickly scanned the item and gave me £2 in cash, didn't question anything and didn't ask for a receipt.

It is most likely they quoted you before you deleted it, if you delete a post, it doesn't propagate and remove all quote references to it.

Good to hear that you got it sorted easily - it can be quite hit and miss to how much trouble they want to go to.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Take it back to tescos. Get a refund or exchange :dontknow:
The fault is with Tesco as it's not a product fault. Take the pack back to Tesco with the receipt and tell them the situation. I doubt they will argue about a refund of 50p or whatever.

But i'd also write to Jacobs and tell them the packaging was split and some were missing. They will give you a voucher for like £2 or something for future purchases. Most companies hand out vouchers willy nilly as they know you're unlike to spend exactly £2 (as prices usually end with 99p, therefore you'd have to buy another product to take it over £2) so they'll still get money anyway. And it's not like £2 will affect their bottom line.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending