The Student Room Group

Careers with a Maths degree?

Sorry, couldn't find the appropriate sub-forum within the careers section so I'm posting this here.

I've always liked (and been fairly adept at) Maths, thus thinking of taking it to degree level, but I don't know what I'd go about doing afterwards?
What sorts of things are current students planning to do?
Any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Reply 1
Anyone?
Original post by _Katie
Anyone?

You could become a mime.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by _Katie
Sorry, couldn't find the appropriate sub-forum within the careers section so I'm posting this here.

I've always liked (and been fairly adept at) Maths, thus thinking of taking it to degree level, but I don't know what I'd go about doing afterwards?

You can go onto Uni Stats and look at unis with each course, and see what careers students go into.
Reply 5
Reply 6
Original post by _Katie
Thankyou! Didn't see that. Oops.

No worries, it's very much buried in the forum. I just post it whenever someone asks as it's a very good post :smile:
Original post by _Katie

Most of the people I graduated with are either accountants, bankers, teachers, public sector workers of various kinds (Civil Service, NHS etc) or doing further study.

Quick Reply

Latest