The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm guessing it's an IP ban :lol:
1000 points is a permanent ban. 2000 points means two different moderators have both given a permanent ban, in such close succession that neither saw the other had already done it :yes:
Reply 3
Original post by Occams Chainsaw
I'm guessing it's an IP ban :lol:

I thought people who get perm banned (1000 warning points) automatically get an ip ban anyway?
Reply 4
Original post by James A
I thought people who get perm banned (1000 warning points) automatically get an ip ban anyway?

Maybe. It was a stab in the dark. I have no idea :nah:
Reply 5
Original post by Potally_Tissed
1000 points is a permanent ban. 2000 points means two different moderators have both given a permanent ban, in such close succession that neither saw the other had already done it :yes:

Oh I see! haha
Original post by James A

I shan't go into details on when exactly IP bans are used, but no.
Reply 7
Original post by James A
What's the difference between 1000 and 2000 warning points???

Do I need to break out LaTeX?
Reply 8
Original post by Mad Vlad

Do I need to break out LaTeX?

hahaha you might have to get help from the TSR Maths crew to figure this one out :hmmm:
Reply 9
Thanks for the info. I am relatively new here, and decided to spend some time here (because I've been kicked out of digital spy for a week).
One one of my threads I saw someone with 1000 warning points, but I know that you only need 15 for a ban?

So is 1,000 points the maximum you can get, and is that a permaban?
Original post by spotify95
Thanks for the info. I am relatively new here, and decided to spend some time here (because I've been kicked out of digital spy for a week).
One one of my threads I saw someone with 1000 warning points, but I know that you only need 15 for a ban?

So is 1,000 points the maximum you can get, and is that a permaban?

Warning points will, in general, expire after a short period. However, there's a specific infraction associated with a permanent ban, which carries 1,000 non-expiring warning points.
Original post by James A
Oh I see! haha

Is it just me who's curious to see the most WPs someone's amassed? Perhaps a few mods assigning 1000 to a user in quick succession...
[scroll]:rofl3:[/scroll]
Original post by keromedic
Is it just me who's curious to see the most WPs someone's amassed? Perhaps a few mods assigning 1000 to a user in quick succession...
[scroll]:rofl3:[/scroll]

I've seen 3000 before.
I once had 15 warning points. I hang my head in shame.
I saw a guy just a few minutes ago with 7,000 warning points...
Reply 15
Doesn't 1000 warning points eventually expire? I mean I've accumulated over 200 in the space of 2 and half years, why isn't there just a 'Permanent Banned' tag instead?
Original post by Kiss
Doesn't 1000 warning points eventually expire? I mean I've accumulated over 200 in the space of 2 and half years, why isn't there just a 'Permanent Banned' tag instead?

See my post above, #11. Each type of infraction has the duration of its points set separately. For most infractions this is seven days, but for the infraction that results in a permanent ban the points won't expire.
Original post by Kiss

As regards to the second part of your question, iirc back with the old infraction system (several years ago now - possible when there was the major forum upgrade to vb4), then permanent bans were issued separate from the warning system. Then there was some change (either a completely new system was brought in, or the system was changed), and permanent bans were brought under the umbrella of the rest of the infraction system - and as such then the special '1000' point warning was used to permaban.
I love perma bans :daydreaming:
Reply 19
I havent had any warning points:angel:

Latest

Trending

Trending