University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Saliency
An Unconditional offer means there are no conditions attached to the offer so you wouldn't be required to get a certain grade to go to the institution. This is usually given to people who have met the entry requirements and have been awarded with the required qualification.

Conditional offer means the institution will offer you a place but they will set requirements. This is usually in the form of getting a certain grade. If you achieve this grade, you're in. If you don't the offer doesn't stand. This does not mean you definitely can't get a place, you would have to contact the University to see if they would still accept you.

Thanks for the reply! I'll try not to be so dense and get into the thick of things once I get there.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 81
Hi :biggrin:

I've applied for the History of Art and English Literature degree and I was wondering if there was anyone on this thread who has too?

Is there any way of being able to check timetables for the University of Essex?

Thaaanks ^_^
Reply 82
Original post by efbrewster

I've applied for the History of Art and English Literature degree and I was wondering if there was anyone on this thread who has too?

Thaaanks ^_^

You can check out department timetables here: https://www.essex.ac.uk/depttimetables/

Although I wouldn't really rely on it for what your timetable would be like next year as it regularly changes.
Reply 83
I've decided I'm firming Essex since I got rejected by the uni I wanted to firm. Still very happy about going to Essex though, such interesting modules for History :smile:
Original post by efbrewster

Thaaanks ^_^

Timetables as in when you'd have lectures? You wont be able to see them until you've got in and firmed all your modules and stuff, which is about a week or 2 before you start.
I do Drama and Literature and have around 8 hours of contact time a week :smile:
Hello everyone, I have applied for Bsc Biological Sciences and got a unconditional offer. I also applied at Westminster, Aberdeen(still waiting for a reply ) and got an unconditional offer at Portsmouth .I was very impressed by how fast Essex replied and it is definetly my firm.
Reply 86
Original post by Alexandru Nisioi
Hello everyone, I have applied for Bsc Biological Sciences and got a unconditional offer. I also applied at Westminster, Aberdeen(still waiting for a reply ) and got an unconditional offer at Portsmouth .I was very impressed by how fast Essex replied and it is definetly my firm.

I replied to your other post but if you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Hello!

Is anyone applying for the drama program at Essex?
Reply 88
I got an offer from the university for MA in political science! Although the university has a good reputation but still I would like to know if it is any good for political science especially for an international student?
Reply 89
Has anybody applied for accommodation yet? The halls are all so different I have no idea which to go for!
Hi! I've applied for Philosophy at Essex, as well as a mix of either Essex and/or International Relations at East Anglia, Nottingham, Sussex, and Lincoln! Going to make Essex my firm because I love everything I've seen of it! I've got an interview on the 19th!

Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
First, the Towers never look appealing. I remember on my open day I was seriously worried I would end up living in them, however, a year later I'm here sat in my bedroom in the towers and couldn't imagine living anywhere else! You get 15 instant friends and there is always something going on if you're in to parties. Also, I think they're actually renovating the South towers over the Summer.

If anyone has any questions about Essex feel free to ask me!

I'm really glad that the Towers are good to live in! To be honest I looked at them and actually really liked their architecture! From the pictures I've seen on the website of the interior they look alright but I haven't seen much! Will be great to go take a look when I go on the tour on the 19th!
Probably am going to firm Essex for Bsc Psychology! Attending the applicant day next Wednesday so hopefully see some of you there! :biggrin:
I passed my interview on the 22nd and have been offered a place at Essex. I just need to choose a course now out of 5 - BA Philosophy, BA Philosophy, Religion & Ethics, BA Philosophy & Politics, BA Philosophy & History and BA Philosophy & Law????
I'm planning on firming Essex and if I manage to get in, I'll be studying 'English Literature and Film (with a year abroad)' so I may see some of you there in the future! :smile:
Reply 94
I've got an interview for hotel management on the 25th. Hope I get in!
I was made an offer of ABC but my final results didn't turn out so good, got BCD. Considering that I've missed the required grades, what are my chances of getting in (I'm an international student) and should I contact the uni and convince them that they should accept me nonetheless? I'm really hoping to get in!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by BrittaPerry
I was made an offer of ABC but my final results didn't turn out so good, got BCD. Considering that I've missed the required grades, what are my chances of getting in (I'm an international student) and should I contact the uni and convince them that they should accept me nonetheless? I'm really hoping to get in!

Well, looking at it this way, you got two of the grades but dropped down by 3 grades on the 3rd. I'd certainly give it a try at calling the university, I've read around on this site a little bit and seen people get in after getting lower than their offer!

Good luck
Hey!
I've made Essex my firm choice! I loved it once I got there! So excited!
I've applied to do History and Sociology and I need BBB to get it but I was wondering if they would let me in if I got say ABC?
I've also applied for accomodation, applied for the meadows :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rainbosandvich
Well, looking at it this way, you got two of the grades but dropped down by 3 grades on the 3rd. I'd certainly give it a try at calling the university, I've read around on this site a little bit and seen people get in after getting lower than their offer!

Good luck

I also took English Language and General Studies at AS level and got B's for both. Will the university take these subjects into consideration?

So do I contact the university after they've gotten back to me on whether I'm in or not or do I appeal after?

Thanks for the feedback!
Reply 99
Hi, I've applied for Philosophy and English Literature at Essex and have got an interview on Wednesday 19th, just wondered if anyone has any idea of what they might ask? :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending