The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2014 Applicants

I couldn't find a thread for this so I thought I'd make one! What are you all applying for and where else are you applying? Im applying for psychology also at uea, lincoln, Loughborough and Buckingham :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

--

Connect to University of Essex here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey :smile:
I applied for Mathematics with a modern language (with study abroad) on Tuesday and I got an offer earlier today :biggrin:
I've also applied to Portsmouth (conditional offer), Coventry (conditional offer), Liverpool and Derby.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, :redface:
I've applied for hotel management, didn't want to go anywhere else. :bigsmile:
Got an offer yesterday :smile: anyone else heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I applied yesterday for French and Spanish and I also applied to Coventry, Nottingham Trent, Portsmouth and Swansea :smile:
Reply 5
This uni has exceeded my expectations very much so since joining this year.
Reply 6
I really want to study Criminology and the Media at Essex but the requirements are ABB-BBB.
I already have two A levels at C grades - media and film and I'm currently studying English which realistically I think I'll get a D, though hopefully a C.
I have a distinction* in Law at Btec diploma, distinction* in public services btec certificate and a distinction* in business studies btec diploma.
I'm wondering if I should even bother applying and if I have any chance at all!
Reply 7
I have applied for MSc in Biotechnology, got an offer though. But Is it good for Biological Sciences?, I mean, I know it is famous for Social Science, or Economics.
Reply 8
Hey, I've applied for psychology :smile: I've also applied to Portsmouth, Longborough, Kingston and West London. I really hope i get into Essex. Has anyone been to an open day ?
Reply 9
I applied for English Language :biggrin: I loved the place at the open day!
Original post by akastudent
Hey, I've applied for psychology :smile: I've also applied to Portsmouth, Longborough, Kingston and West London. I really hope i get into Essex. Has anyone been to an open day ?

I applied for psychology too :smile: I went to the open day and what I saw of the facilities for psych were really good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bonsimpson
I really want to study Criminology and the Media at Essex but the requirements are ABB-BBB.
I already have two A levels at C grades - media and film and I'm currently studying English which realistically I think I'll get a D, though hopefully a C.
I have a distinction* in Law at Btec diploma, distinction* in public services btec certificate and a distinction* in business studies btec diploma.
I'm wondering if I should even bother applying and if I have any chance at all!

I am going to be blunt with you... You have no chance at all.
I am applying for Biochemistry which is at the Colchester campus! Anyone else applying for Biochem?
Reply 13
Original post by jamesfancourt
I am going to be blunt with you... You have no chance at all.

Haha, ok, thanks for your honesty!
Original post by Bonsimpson
Haha, ok, thanks for your honesty!

Sorry if that came across so harsh. But think about all the other applicants meeting or even exceeding the requirements? Courses like that are so popular that they will only accept people who get the grades. Some unis may offer lower grade requirements...?
Reply 15
Iv just applied for Mathematics. Iv also applied to Kent, Reading, Swansea and Derby.
Reply 16
Got an offer today of BBB!
Reply 17
I have applied to Essex and just wandered what sort of offer i may get. I have applied for mathematics and am currently taking maths further maths and ict. Just wanted to know if anyone has already got an offer and what it was because i know they say their offer will probably be AAB/ABB but i know their offers were BBB last year and i didn't know because i take further maths that it might be different?
Reply 18
Original post by jamesfancourt
Sorry if that came across so harsh. But think about all the other applicants meeting or even exceeding the requirements? Courses like that are so popular that they will only accept people who get the grades. Some unis may offer lower grade requirements...?

No that's fine, honestly! The only reason I'm even enquiring is because Essex offers Criminology and The Media, something I can't seem to find anywhere else!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Sixdegreesofsoph
I applied for psychology too :smile: I went to the open day and what I saw of the facilities for psych were really good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww thanks. Even though i haven't been to an open day yet i'm pretty sure Essex is THE uni for me. Are you going to do psychology with a year abroad?

Quick Reply

Latest