The Student Room Group

Not sure if it's abuse or me just being stupid

It's not physical abuse, he hasn't hit me, so I don't know if it's still abuse?

We have been together for ages. Suddenly he's become a lot more distant and does not reply for hours and hours and hours. When I question him about it he shouts and says its my fault and I'm being silly and that I should be there for him more.
I always end up saying sorry because Ive made him angry, but he never says sorry to me.
Im not alloued to go out with friends or into town. He dissapears for hours and doesnt say sorry afterwards.

I think Im just being stupid. He hasnt hit me so it cant be abuse.
Hi
Thanks for your message.

Just because someone is not physically violent does not mean that is is not abuse. Emotional and psychological abuse are very common and can be just as damaging to your well-being.

You say you are not allowed to go out, how does he make sure that you don't? Are you afraid of him?

It sounds difficult, if he is distant, goes out alot and then shouts at you - that is not fair. You say it happened suddenly? Has anything happened that you can think of that could have prompted this change in behaviour?

Have a look at this checklist and see if it helps identify any of the behaviours you recognise in your relationship:
http://thisisabuse.direct.gov.uk/worried-about-abuse

Maybe you can get back to me and we can try and work this through together,
take care
Jo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending