The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

University of Huddersfield Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by partyrockchick
Hey :smile:, im going to be on the Graphic Design course and im staying at Aspley halls, wbu?

Im staying at The Castings, Just across the road!! :smile:
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
aw cool :biggrin:, sounds good, i chose aspley to to price, facilities and most importantly being close to town n uni, i didnt like the idea of having to get bus into town each morning :/ so decided against storthes due to that
Original post by TashaKosak
Im staying at The Castings, Just across the road!! :smile:
Original post by partyrockchick
aw cool :biggrin:, sounds good, i chose aspley to to price, facilities and most importantly being close to town n uni, i didnt like the idea of having to get bus into town each morning :/ so decided against storthes due to that

Yeah I was the same. Its only a 5 minute walk in to town so its better than a 5 mile bus ride!
deffo!, I also heard some people talk about problems with damp tat storthes which concerned me but then others didnt have the problem so i figure must be a case of keeping on top of it n letting them know asap...n yeh looked at how long it would take to walk down...like over 2 hours :tongue:...i'll pass lol
Yeah I was the same. Its only a 5 minute walk in to town so its better than a 5 mile bus ride!
What accommodation are you staying at? I haven't heard of many people who are doing Graphic Design yet. Would be nice to know a few people before starting haha

Original post by Jim_Betts
Storthes hall! It seems the popular choice , and I've not seen many people either but it would definitely make those first few days more comfortable

i'm doing graphic design and staying at storthes :-)
Original post by katyr0binson
i'm doing graphic design and staying at storthes :-)

Oh Good! Will probably see you around in September then, seems most of the freshers are in Storthes hall too :smile:
Oh Good! Will probably see you around in September then, seems most of the freshers are in Storthes hall too :smile:

you sure will. have you looked online at the pre-enrolment thing and got a time for the welcome meeting?
Original post by katyr0binson
you sure will. have you looked online at the pre-enrolment thing and got a time for the welcome meeting?

Yes I did that a few weeks ago, If I remember correctly it was very early 8:15 to 8:30 I think :O
Yes I did that a few weeks ago, If I remember correctly it was very early 8:15 to 8:30 I think :O

yeah. i saw it and was like nooooooo haha... early starts are not my thing :frown:
Reply 489
Hey everyone!
I've got an offer for Advert and Mark Communication for this September.Another day I did this pre-enrollment thing online and they put a reading list as an option.But there is no way to read some of the books or articles in internet so it looks like I have to buy all those books which are quite expensive..So my question is how you gonna do it guys?:smile:
Got an unconditional offer for Information and Communication Technology, probably looking to stay @ The Castings!
I'll be doing graphic design (if I get the grades) hah, anyone else staying at the castings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Castings is the best in my opinion. Brand new so no one has lived there before! 3 minutes walk from uni too, Aspley is the same price and right next door, but The Castings is nicer.
I'm staying at the castings and studying interior design :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sally_A
Hey everyone!
I've got an offer for Advert and Mark Communication for this September.Another day I did this pre-enrollment thing online and they put a reading list as an option.But there is no way to read some of the books or articles in internet so it looks like I have to buy all those books which are quite expensive..So my question is how you gonna do it guys?:smile:

Hey Sally, I recommend you should take a look on eBay or amazon, used once are incredibly cheap . Btw you don't have to buy all of the books necessarily, just one of those which you're not familiar with and you should check you'r local libraries.
Best of luck:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sally_A
Hey everyone!

The reading list for before the course starts is on the link at the top of that page, the reading list section is all the recommended materials for the whole course duration :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 496
Original post by bereket adam
Hey Sally, I recommend you should take a look on eBay or amazon, used once are incredibly cheap . Btw you don't have to buy all of the books necessarily, just one of those which you're not familiar with and you should check you'r local libraries.
Best of luck:smile:

Thank you!=)
Reply 497
Original post by vickyA95
The reading list for before the course starts is on the link at the top of that page, the reading list section is all the recommended materials for the whole course duration :smile:

Thnx I didnt knew that it is for the whole year lol :eek:
Hi, just wondering whose going to Storthes Accomadation? and doing Costume Design?
Reply 499
Anybody doing Music (BMus)?

Quick Reply