Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham English applicants 2014!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeccyW
Anyone heard anything outside of "Festive Greetings" recently? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still waiting too...hopefully something comes through soon as Durham would be my number 1 choice.

Looks like we're applying to the same Uni's BeccyW! I believe I commented on your post over on the Warwick forum :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 41
I'm applying to St.Chads for literature.
Not heard anything yet, and I'm not too hopefull :/

Got a strong set of GCSE's (8A*2As and a B in french) but my A levels, or rather a particular A level has been my bane: english literature. I got 3 As in history, english language, theology (plus an A in GS) but a B in Lit...

Predicted A*A*A, and I'm doing the EPQ. The personal statement was great, according to a teacher who went to Durham, but it's all subjective.

Good luck to everyone else :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by apunctuationmark
I'm still waiting too...hopefully something comes through soon as Durham would be my number 1 choice.

Looks like we're applying to the same Uni's BeccyW! I believe I commented on your post over on the Warwick forum :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, you did! I remember you. Where else are you applying to apart from Durham and Warwick, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeccyW
Yes, you did! I remember you. Where else are you applying to apart from Durham and Warwick, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have also applied to Bristol (received offer), St. Andrews and Edinburgh. How about you? Durham has always been my top choice but I am really interested in seeing Warwick too and am looking forward to the 24th! :biggrin:
Reply 44
Anyone planning on doing a combined degree, I have an offer for ed studies/ English. .super happy and excited :smile: firm choice for sure
Reply 45
I have also applied to Bristol (received offer), St. Andrews and Edinburgh. How about you? Durham has always been my top choice but I am really interested in seeing Warwick too and am looking forward to the 24th! :biggrin:

This is so bizarre. I have applied to Edinburgh and Bristol too, so 4/5 of our choices are the same! My 5th one is Leeds. I hope you get an offer from Durham if that's where you've always wanted to go. I'm not sure on my top choice yet, but like you I'm looking forward to seeing Warwick. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
I still haven't heard anything (after applying on 16th October) and I'm so worried! Is anyone else in the same situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by EmilyJW
I still haven't heard anything (after applying on 16th October) and I'm so worried! Is anyone else in the same situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think that's too uncommon. I applied at the beginning of November and have yet to hear anything. I'm fairly sure Durham are notorious for taking a while to get back to applicants, so I think you don't have too much of a cause to worry about having not heard back yet. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by BeccyW
I don't think that's too uncommon. I applied at the beginning of November and have yet to hear anything. I'm fairly sure Durham are notorious for taking a while to get back to applicants, so I think you don't have too much of a cause to worry about having not heard back yet. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I'm glad there's not too much cause for concern. Durham is my first choice, so I'm dying to know! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
I, unbelievably, got an offer today! :eek:
Original post by BeccyW

Whoo! Congratulations! Is it your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by shaken-pine
Whoo! Congratulations! Is it your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've not actually visited to see it yet, so I'm not sure which university is my favourite at the moment. I'm going to wait and see if I like it as much as I'm hoping to if there's a post-offer open day! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeccyW

Great news!!!!! Well done! :dancing2:
Reply 53
Great news!!!!! Well done! :dancing2:

Thank you very much! :biggrin: Are you still waiting on a verdict from Durham? If so, good luck, and I really hope you get an offer soon, since I know this is your first choice! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeccyW
Thank you very much! :biggrin: Are you still waiting on a verdict from Durham? If so, good luck, and I really hope you get an offer soon, since I know this is your first choice! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still waiting but not losing hope!! :biggrin:
Reply 55
anyone heard back for post-grad English?

I applied during Christmas,i think.Long wait.:s-smilie:
Got an offer today!!! Applied for Van Mildert college, I'm over the moon!
Original post by estronach96
Got an offer today!!! Applied for Van Mildert college, I'm over the moon!

That's awesome!!! Congrats! I hope I can post a similar update very soon!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
just got an offer from Durham and an interview for Warwick, v amazing day!
Good luck to anyone still waiting.
Reply 59
Original post by ohmars
just got an offer from Durham and an interview for Warwick, v amazing day!
Good luck to anyone still waiting.

Congratulations! I hope this doesn't seem rude, but can I ask your AS grades and your A2 predictions? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest