Durham English applicants 2014!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by apunctuationmark
Yup, still waiting...

Original post by EmilyJW
I'm still waiting too! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice to know there's a few of us, it's been months now, I'm just hoping they haven't given out all the offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by BeccyW
A lot of the universities that have given me offers on UCAS didn't email until about 3 days later. It's like they're trying to worry us all! :wink:

So you've firmed already? That's pretty exciting. What college did you put down, and where is your insurance, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I firmed as early as I could as I thought it would mean more chance of getting my preferred college. I went for Josephine Butler, liked the idea of self catering and the guaranteed en suites:smile:. Exeter is my insurance, going there in the half term for a visit day so that should be good:smile:
Reply 82
Original post by Fillb
Yh I firmed as early as I could as I thought it would mean more chance of getting my preferred college. I went for Josephine Butler, liked the idea of self catering and the guaranteed en suites:smile:. Exeter is my insurance, going there in the half term for a visit day so that should be good:smile:

Fair enough! I considered that college too, but it seemed a little out of the way from the English department! :smile: I have seen Exeter uni (I only live about an hour and a half from there) and I can confirm it's pretty nice, so I'm sure either would be great! :smile: interesting that you've literally chosen opposite ends of the country - not that I can say much, with Bristol and Edinburgh being the two universities that I have applied to which are the furthest apart! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
what did Exeter offer you? They offered me A*AA xx
Reply 84
I applied way back in October and I still haven't heard back. I'm in my gap year and I've already got A*AA, so I'm getting a tad nervous now!
Reply 85
Original post by Isildur
I applied way back in October and I still haveon't heard back. I'm in my gap year and I've already got A*AA, so I'm getting a tad nervous now!

Thats comforting! ! Well looks like they are way over subscribed this year with excellent applications. Plus applications to uni went up this year too, almost 600'000. Good luck :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by Em1599
what did Exeter offer you? They offered me A*AA xx

They offered me AAB :smile:
Oh Durham, I would really love to hear from you today...
Please and thank you!! :flowers:
Reply 88
I got an offer for Lit too, and was quite anxious because they'd left it so late (28th Jan) :biggrin:
Not sure about which universities to choose as my firm / insurance...

Now Cambridge is out of the equation, I received relatively early offers from York *AAA* (first) and Exeter *AAB* (second).
& I'm still waiting on St. Andrews (here's hoping)... I think I'll make them my insurance if they make an AAA offer,
though this is seeming more and more unlikely :frown:

Anyone in the same boat, or have any suggestions? :smile:
I sometimes regret that I didn't apply to Edinburgh over Exeter, but it hardly matters now.
If St Andrews don't make me an offer, I'll probably choose York as an insurance
(though I haven't been to the Open Day yet!)

p.s. Nervously awaiting a college allocation. I highly doubt I'll get into Castle (which I loved the look of)
because I've looked back over my personal statement and hate it!
Also the fact they made a rather late offer isn't reassuring...

I haven't been to an open day, I really do not know what the other colleges are like.
(I'm not sure if this will make a difference to me firming it...)
... Anyone more experienced on the subject? :wink:
Still waiting, each day only adds to my nerves 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by Lewisthomas1
Still waiting, each day only adds to my nerves 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How horrible is it, I keep trying to reassure myself that i will receive an offed today, have been saying that since January...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
How horrible is it, I keep trying to reassure myself that i will receive an offed today, have been saying that since January...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm exactly the same! It's exhausting. :frown:
Original post by EmilyJW
I'm exactly the same! It's exhausting. :frown:

We can rejoice in our misery! Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have heard from Durham but no news from Warwick. Have any of you heard from Warwick? Getting quite worried now as they've apparently sent out a lot of offers.
Good luck to all you people waiting. :smile: can't be a long wait now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by shaken-pine
I have heard from Durham but no news from Warwick. Have any of you heard from Warwick? Getting quite worried now as they've apparently sent out a lot of offers.
Good luck to all you people waiting. :smile: can't be a long wait now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt they've sent out too many offers yet. There are still one or two interview days to go yet, I believe, and they tend to send most offers out after everyone has been interviewed so everyone gets fair consideration. Saying that, I have got an offer, but I have only seen a couple of people aside from me so far, so I'd say you've still got a good shot! No news is good news after all - means you're still in the running for an offer! Don't worry about it too much if you can and good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
We can rejoice in our misery! Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely! I applied to Oxford (rejected post-interview), Durham, St Andrews, Edinburgh and Glasgow! What about you? :smile:
Original post by EmilyJW
Definitely! I applied to Oxford (rejected post-interview), Durham, St Andrews, Edinburgh and Glasgow! What about you? :smile:

Were practically similar in terms of aspiration: Cambridge rejected post interview - Durham is pending - interview at Warwick next week and an offer from Nottingham 😀 I'm guessing you enjoy English? Is is just pure English or are you minoring in any of your choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Were practically similar in terms of aspiration: Cambridge rejected post interview - Durham is pending - interview at Warwick next week and an offer from Nottingham ������ I'm guessing you enjoy English? Is is just pure English or are you minoring in any of your choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh, we are similar! I do indeed enjoy English. :tongue:
I've applied for pure English at all my choices but I'll study a couple of other subjects alongside English if I do go to a Scottish university; if I go to St Andrews, I'm definitely planning to study Linguistics alongside English! What about you? :smile:
Original post by BeccyW
I doubt they've sent out too many offers yet. There are still one or two interview days to go yet, I believe, and they tend to send most offers out after everyone has been interviewed so everyone gets fair consideration. Saying that, I have got an offer, but I have only seen a couple of people aside from me so far, so I'd say you've still got a good shot! No news is good news after all - means you're still in the running for an offer! Don't worry about it too much if you can and good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't even heard about an interview... :frown: I don't know if they'll interview me, since I am an international student.
Hoping to hear soon as it's the only university left for me to hear from.
Congratulations on your offer and thank you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest