The Student Room Group

Girls (and guys), how much do you spend on hair colouring at the hairdressers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bassetts
I spend £7.50, beat that :smug:

This thread was supposed to be answered by those who actually have their hair coloured :lol:

£5 :smile:
I go to the hairdressers for colour twice a year and I pay about £100

apart from that £5 every two months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I spent £45 dying my hair blue. Thank god for China being so cheap. Otherwise I just used henna from Lush, which, if I remember correctly, wasn't too expensive
Reply 23
I now dye my own hair and pay around £8 every 6 weeks.
I have had my hair dyed many times at the hairdressers, and I usually paid around £50-60.
I spend about £12 on bleach every 12+ weeks, followed by around £12 on white toner and another £10 on silver shampoo.
Maintaining white hair isn't too bad but the products can be a little pricey. I tend to leave my roots as long as I can possibly manage in order to keep it healthy and save money!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Bassetts
How much do you spend and how often do you need to have it coloured? I have heard that some girls spend upwards of £200 a month getting it coloured and styled at the hairdressers. :eek:

I get it for free and hairdressers get a lot of pounds.
£55 for a cut and colour. Its supposed to be every 6 weeks but I leave it quite a lot longer than that
Reply 27
i bleach it myself so about 10pounds every 6 weeks. i havent had it cut in about a year
I get my hair (fully) done every three months: it costs £40 a time in total. I don't know how much the colour alone is.

My hair is naturally really dark. I prefer it light.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
~£100 every 8 weeks. Don't know why people would skimp on their hair colour, it's so easy to go wrong.
I pay about £6 every 3 months to dye it myself! Pretty low maintenance
Original post by llessur123
~£100 every 8 weeks. Don't know why people would skimp on their hair colour, it's so easy to go wrong.

Not necessarily. I used to get mine done at a salon for £45 a pop (this is going back about 7 years!) and it never looked right, always really brassy and streaky. If people spend a bit of time and effort researching how to do it themselves then there really is no need to pay extortionate amounts at a salon.
Reply 33
I have been to hairdressers quite a few times getting hair dyed, it costs like 80 quid minimum, it's a huge waste of money because it fades and isn't any different to doing it yourself. Hair dressers all tell you not to do it yrself but to be honest their hair dye feels just as bad for your hair as one from boots
Reply 34
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Not necessarily. I used to get mine done at a salon for £45 a pop (this is going back about 7 years!) and it never looked right, always really brassy and streaky. If people spend a bit of time and effort researching how to do it themselves then there really is no need to pay extortionate amounts at a salon.

I remember paying about £100 for a head of high and low lights one time. It looked great at first but after the first time I washed it the darker colour ran into the lighter one and my hair turned a horrible merky colour. Ive done better myself with a £5 kit from Wilkinsons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do it myself. so £11 for dye?
Reply 36
Home colour - £5 once every 8 weeks or so. Even if I could afford to get it done at a salon, I don't think I could bring myself to pay well over 10x the price for the same effect, with added awkward chat.
£0, I have hairdressers in the family... :u:
I spend around £100 a year getting my hair cut and highlighted. I'm naturally quite a light blonde but I like to highlight it with almost white blonde and honey blonde shades.
I dye it myself every 6-ish weeks, only costs me £6 each time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending