The Student Room Group

Has there always been a university you've dreamt of going?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sheldor
Not to be nosey, but why didn't you apply? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I do not mind. :smile: Well, I didn't apply because neither Oxford nor Cambridge offer an Actuarial Science degree and I was not, at the time, able to apply for a straight Maths course. I really wish I had applied though. :frown:
Reply 61
Cambridge has always been my dream.. doubt i will get in event though everyone tells me that if i wanted to then i could.. yeah right ma -_-
Reply 62
Original post by coldhell
Cambridge! I went there with some of the people from our school and it was amazing! I went to one of the talks about natural sciences and the people there seem really nice! I actually made a friend too!

oh, i hope to study the natural sciences too? where are you thinking of going with it? astrophysics? biochemistry? etc..
Really want to go to Bristol's Dental School for a few years now, and when I went to visit it last year I fell in love with the hospital<3
Cambridge-well known for being the best university in the UK for maths and possibly even worldwide, Stephen Hawking and Isaac Newton went there- the top role fro Maths in the world is available there(Lucasian Professor of Mathematics).
I would say Cambridge or KCL or LSE :biggrin: applied to them even if I think I would be rejected. Anyway I'm a french student and I'd love to pursue my studies into the UK. Hope it will become true :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
UC Berkeley
Original post by Pallas Athena
I do not mind. :smile: Well, I didn't apply because neither Oxford nor Cambridge offer an Actuarial Science degree and I was not, at the time, able to apply for a straight Maths course. I really wish I had applied though. :frown:

So where are you now, have you grown to like it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalObsessed
UCL. Never going to happen though :frown:

you never know :wink: hope me and all those who want ucl get in
Original post by Secretnerd123
you never know :wink: hope me and all those who want ucl get in

ahhh, iA. I would love it so so much, but I'm predicted A*AB so I'm not sure if that'll be good enough (for an AAA typical offer) :frown:
Original post by ArsenalObsessed
ahhh, iA. I would love it so so much, but I'm predicted A*AB so I'm not sure if that'll be good enough (for an AAA typical offer) :frown:

i got A*AB and im still going to apply so go for it, although i don't know if being predicted and actually getting a*ab is the same according to ucl.

Good luck! insha'Allah if it's meant to be you'll get in. Allah ultimately knows the best for us <3
Reply 71
St Andrews :smile:
I would have loved to go to Cambridge, but I'm not clever enough.. and not stupid enough to pretend I am.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I would have loved to go to Cambridge, but I'm not clever enough.. and not stupid enough to pretend I am.

worth a shot :smile:
Original post by KelseyLoveday
Leeds!:woo:

has anybody ever told you that you look kinda like Miley Cyrus (well judging by your pic) ? :smile:
worth a shot :smile:

Well I did my A Levels 5 years ago and have my degree now so it's a bit late unfortunately!
Reply 76
I'd love to study at either LSE or Cambridge.
has anybody ever told you that you look kinda like Miley Cyrus (well judging by your pic) ? :smile:

Is that a compliment?:colonhash:[ And no, never x
Lancaster university

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KelseyLoveday
Is that a compliment?:colonhash:[ And no, never x

depends on how you take it tbh

Quick Reply

Latest