The Student Room Group

TSR Arabic Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Guys, this thread is going WRONG!!! It's supposed to be brimming with ARABIC!!!
Salaaaam! Moroccan intruder alert :tongue:
Original post by originaltitle
Guys, this thread is going WRONG!!! It's supposed to be brimming with ARABIC!!!

But not everyone can write arabic?? My keyboard doesn't have the arabic letters.
Reply 63
Original post by GoatfromMaroc
Salaaaam! Moroccan intruder alert :tongue:

Salam! I'm sure you've heard this a million times already but Moroccan and Tunisian Arabic is just :eek3:.
I strain to understand it. There are stops everywhere! It sounds very elegant (and French!) :yep:
Reply 64
Original post by Infinity_4652
But not everyone can write arabic?? My keyboard doesn't have the arabic letters.

But this is the ARABIC soc!
Here's a lovely online keyboard: http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/arabic.htm
But this is the ARABIC soc!
Here's a lovely online keyboard: http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/arabic.htm

I can only read arabic, sorry. :frown:
Reply 66
I can only read arabic, sorry. :frown:

Okay okay, new verdict: non-Arabic language may be used on this thread. :getmecoat:
Reply 67
Original post by queen-bee
Hey guys!
I'm starting to learn Arabic so it's great that we now have a thread started.who here is of Arab origin?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I deliberately called it the Arabic thread because I don't think there's enough people of Arab origin on tsr to keep it alive, hehe.
And anyway, Arabic-speaking persons can easily pass as Arabs themselves. :colonhash:
Salam! I'm sure you've heard this a million times already but Moroccan and Tunisian Arabic is just :eek3:.
I strain to understand it. There are stops everywhere! It sounds very elegant (and French!) :yep:

Hahaha, yeah I got to admit we sound different, even to Egypt let alone Middle Eastern countries! This sounds strange but I can only speak very broken Moroccan and I really, really want to learn modern standard & classic Arabic one day in sha Allah. :frown:
Reply 69
أهلاً وسهلاً يا بنات و اولاد في هذا الوقت ادرس العربي لكن صعب جدً

My grammar is probably horrible :facepalm2: really wish I had better uni lecturers.
Original post by 2ndClass

My grammar is probably horrible :facepalm2: really wish I had better uni lecturers.

Thats good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by Truefaith

Do you know of any online sites that explain Arabic grammar in very simple layman words.
Do you know of any online sites that explain Arabic grammar in very simple layman words.

Uhh no sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73

It's all good..... Actually when I first read it I thought it was an Egyptian person talking because of the way you said 'ahlan wa sahlan boys and girls'. Only Egyptians are that jolly hehe.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by GoatfromMaroc
Hahaha, yeah I got to admit we sound different, even to Egypt let alone Middle Eastern countries! This sounds strange but I can only speak very broken Moroccan and I really, really want to learn modern standard & classic Arabic one day in sha Allah. :frown:

Almost all the Arabs I know don't know much Arabic, or only know how to talk but not read/write. I guess it's because they've lived outside for so long...
Reply 75
It's all good except you should say 'عربي' instead of 'العربي'. Actually when I first read it I thought it was an Egyptian person talking because of the way you said 'ahlan wa sahlan boys and girls'. Only Egyptians are that jolly hehe.

lol thanks, not Egyptian but I just need to brush on the grammar. Didn't know it was so complicated, but I love it though
Jordanian here!
Been working for the past 3-4 months on trying to get my Arabic up to par (or at least almost up to par) with my English. Being in an international school and all it gets pretty easy to let the language sort of slip through the cracks
Is this what you were looking for?? ---> :facepalm:. :tongue:

Challenge accepted, eventhough you clearly know i'm mostly likely to win. :colone:

Haha, yh. My school wasn't awesome either unfortunately. It was actually hell and i was there for 6 years. - one of the most underachieving schools in my london borough. :eek:

Well...london isn't so cool as people think it is. If only there was this really really awesome city somewhere out there...

Uni of birmingham. :smile:

I'm not surprised. The beaches here in the UK are so terrible.

Yep, i like physics - but only the theoretical parts of it, not the stuff to do with engineering.

Yup. You will win? Ha. Sure. Let the challenge begin!
Errm, how exactly were we meant to do this 'Biggest Hp fan' war? Confuzzled.
Thats sad. My school is probably the most underachieving private school in England.
Istanbul is a really awesome city, I went in the summer :cool: India's not so very lovely- I went when i was 7. Yes, I love travelling, though i haven't traveled much! Except India, Saudi (2 times) and turkey..I want to travel the world- at least half of it, before I die. :biggrin: You been anywhere?
Physics is the worst subject thingy ever. No offence. :smile:
Oh and sorry for the late reply. I just am too lazy.
That doesn't even make sense. I don't think.
See you in uni of Birmingham then. Maybe. Possibly.
Original post by iiMarshmallow
Yup. You will win? Ha. Sure. Let the challenge begin!
Errm, how exactly were we meant to do this 'Biggest Hp fan' war? Confuzzled.
Thats sad. My school is probably the most underachieving private school in England.
Istanbul is a really awesome city, I went in the summer :cool: India's not so very lovely- I went when i was 7. Yes, I love travelling, though i haven't traveled much! Except India, Saudi (2 times) and turkey..I want to travel the world- at least half of it, before I die. :biggrin: You been anywhere?
Physics is the worst subject thingy ever. No offence. :smile:
Oh and sorry for the late reply. I just am too lazy.
That doesn't even make sense. I don't think.
See you in uni of Birmingham then. Maybe. Possibly.

Well you came up with the idea, so i assumed you knew how to go about doing it. :tongue:

I'm sure your school isn't that bad. :smile:

India is kinda cool, but then again it depends where exactly because not everywhere is a great place to go.
The bollywood district is awesome though.

I went to venice in august 2009 and paris in april 2010.
I really want to go egypt some day.
And yh, i've always wanted to travel.

It's cool. :smile:

Yh i'll probably bump into you at birmingham central or something in 2 years time (that's if i don't stay in london to go UCL). :tongue:
Well you came up with the idea, so i assumed you knew how to go about doing it. :tongue:

I'm sure your school isn't that bad. :smile:

India is kinda cool, but then again it depends where exactly because not everywhere is a great place to go.
The bollywood district is awesome though.

I went to venice in august 2009 and paris in april 2010.
I really want to go egypt some day.
And yh, i've always wanted to travel.

It's cool. :smile:

Yh i'll probably bump into you at birmingham central or something in 2 years time (that's if i don't stay in london to go UCL). :tongue:

You're older so you must have a bigger brain capacity to think of an idea. :smile: Maybe we should just leave it and let me win. :biggrin:
Na, it just makes us dress like pandas (thats our uniform) :tongue:
Yah well we just went to visit our grandma and it was rather unhygienic and smelly. :unimpressed:
Coool. So is Venice or paris better? As much as i'd love to go Paris, i probably won't (Racist people :s-smilie:- I think)
Egypt seemed like a nice place..untill the protests and what not started. Its off my bucket list, unless it goes back normal.
Possibly.
Btw, whovian? (Doctor who fan?) :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending