The Student Room Group

Any tell me what I am doing wrong?

I am desperately looking for a part-time job but getting nowhere. I have applied to over 80 jobs since Mid-August. Got not one single interview, no offer, no nothing. I have gone up and down the high street in my Uni Town (Lincoln) and in my home town, applying for any job that I can find (and obviously qualified for)
I've applied for big shops, little shops, restaurants, bars, cinema, bowling, supermarkets, takeaways, all sorts of jobs and places.
I don't know if it's because I've never had a job before that they don't want me, or if it's because I'm a uni student.

Any tips?
Reply 1
Keep trying. Lots of people are in the same situation and it has become nothing more than a numbers game. Eventually you will find one.
Aww I'm really sorry to hear this, it's so frustrating when people are trying so hard :frown: to be honest I think you're doing all you can. I presume your CV is fully updated? How about asking your family to see if their friends know somewhere that's taking on/they have vacancies themselves. My first job was given to me by my friend's mum who was a manager in a shop. Hope you keep trying and don't lose faith. Have you applied online as well as handing a physical CV in?
Reply 3
Original post by JennaEmBee
Aww I'm really sorry to hear this, it's so frustrating when people are trying so hard :frown: to be honest I think you're doing all you can. I presume your CV is fully updated? How about asking your family to see if their friends know somewhere that's taking on/they have vacancies themselves. My first job was given to me by my friend's mum who was a manager in a shop. Hope you keep trying and don't lose faith. Have you applied online as well as handing a physical CV in?

Yeah my CV is updated, even been checked by a careers advice peep. I have asked my family and still no luck. Yeah I have applied online as well. I guess I just got to hope and pray, and maybe sell cake in the meantime....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending