The Student Room Group

Which supermarkets do you avoid?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I avoid any 'local' and 'metro' stores. Apart from that I don't really care, just happened to have never visited Aldi and Morrisons as there are none near to me.
Reply 61
Aldi, Morrisons, Netto (if they're still going). I dunno, they just look dodgy, probably because I haven't grown up going shopping there with my dad lol
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Ha, yeah that would be cooler than shoplifting anyway. :smile: Hope you don't spend too many years banned, it would be harsh if you weren't allowed to re-enter a Tesco for the rest of your life. Although personally I could cope with that. :rolleyes:

meh, they don't even recognise me so it's cool :cool: :ninja:
Co-op, overpriced, who pays £1.49 for a 500ml bottle of ribena, eff off mate!

Aldi also, don't like the name....
Does poundland count as a supermarket.

It's so embarrassing when my mum rings me up when I'm out to say get some food from poundland. I once was walking into poundland but my friend across the road saw me and laughed at me when he saw me at school.

I must admit though, Poundland do some good deals.
Original post by James A
Does poundland count as a supermarket.

It's so embarrassing when my mum rings me up when I'm out to say get some food from poundland. I once was walking into poundland but my friend across the road saw me and laughed at me when he saw me at school.

I must admit though, Poundland do some good deals.

What is particularly worth going into Poundland for? I've noticed that they aren't always necessarily the cheapest - I wanted some Duracell batteries and I compared those in Poundland with Wilkinson and a couple of supermarkets - they were sold in smaller packs in Poundland, so it was a little deceptive, but overall Wilkinson were cheaper.

I've also heard that some of the branded goods sold through pound stores are substandard rejects from manufacturers, don't know how true this is.
What does it smell of? :rolleyes:

The great unwashed :tongue:

OP-No, I try and avoid Waitrose and M&S as they're steep and as a student it's not ideal but they're the two closest and I'm not going to trek an extra mile to Sainsbury's for one or two things.
Always go to Tesco as it's the only one around.

To be honest I would always to the closest one as I hardly ever by supermarket brand items so the products are the same everywhere really.
What is particularly worth going into Poundland for? I've noticed that they aren't always necessarily the cheapest - I wanted some Duracell batteries and I compared those in Poundland with Wilkinson and a couple of supermarkets - they were sold in smaller packs in Poundland, so it was a little deceptive, but overall Wilkinson were cheaper.

I've also heard that some of the branded goods sold through pound stores are substandard rejects from manufacturers, don't know how true this is.

I don't mind the actual shop, it's the walking in and out of it that is embarrassing (slightly).
Original post by ThoughtIsFree
ditto, plus technically I'm banned :oops: :colondollar:

Why what did you do?! :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest