The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by pimacha
Hi everyone, I know that some universities allow the Biomedical Sciences students to transfer to Medicine (although it is really competitive) such as Newcastle - does anyone know any more universities which does this?

Both the University of Sussex and University of Brighton offer the chance to transfer to Brighton and Sussex Medical school at either year 1 or year 3. However, there are many requirements such as having taken the UKCAT in the last summer, having at least 6 months of professional experience at the time, be on target for at least a 2.1 if not a first and pretty much 100% attendance,
Also Leicester from all the Biomedical Science Courses. Idk anything about terms and such though.
Reply 3
Original post by pimacha
Hi everyone, I know that some universities allow the Biomedical Sciences students to transfer to Medicine (although it is really competitive) such as Newcastle - does anyone know any more universities which does this?

Sheffield have introduced the option too if you are outstanding at Biomed. Bradford do with the transfer to Leeds uni. Birmingham uni I think also give you the option to transfer.
Reply 4
Thanks guys! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 5
Do you know if Queen Mary does the same thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
St George's does :smile: but you have to be reaaaaaally good.
Original post by fadytousa
Do you know if Queen Mary does the same thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but it's very competitive.
Reply 8
Hey guys, I have received an interview for Bradford clinical sciences today, and I have an offer from st George's boimed, I want some advice on which one would you confirm, as I am thinking of study grad or transferring to medicine?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by DLES312
Hey guys, I have received an interview for Bradford clinical sciences today, and I have an offer from st George's boimed, I want some advice on which one would you confirm, as I am thinking of study grad or transferring to medicine?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Bradford have a greater number of students transferring to Medicine per year, St Georges is the better university and has the better biomedicine course though
Reply 10
hi guys
i did not get into clinical science in bradford uni but they offered me a biomedical course which should i go for as i dont know which is the best one to get into medicine which is what i really want to do but i couldn't because i did a BTEC in applied science
Reply 11
Original post by GrahamRodney
Yes but it's very competitive.

hey, do you know if queen mary allows for transfers after year1 or is it only after completion of the whole course?
Original post by mend94
hey, do you know if queen mary allows for transfers after year1 or is it only after completion of the whole course?

Sorry for the delay. You have to finish the whole course :frown:
Reply 13
no problem, thanks for the reply, yeah that's what I thought too lol
Reply 14
Does Manchester or Liverpool do anything like this? x
Reply 15
Arriving almost a year late to the party. Does University of Bradford allow a transfer to the University of Leeds from Biomedical Science or just their Clinical Science degree?
Original post by SW1988
Arriving almost a year late to the party. Does University of Bradford allow a transfer to the University of Leeds from Biomedical Science or just their Clinical Science degree?

just clinical science! :P and only if you do the foundation year, for which you have to fulfil some widening participation criteria
Reply 17
Original post by klarriel
just clinical science! :P and only if you do the foundation year, for which you have to fulfil some widening participation criteria

I thought you could transfer to first year medicine from foundation ClinSci or second year medicine from first year ClinSci. That's what their prospectus says.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yep but basically this year, you can't, say, go straight into Year 1 and then transfer at the end BUT you can start Foundation Year and can try and transfer then, and if you're not successful you can try again after Year 1
Unfortunately, from what I know, I've never come across someone who was able to do that after a year. And I know 2 people who did postgraduate medicine (my parents lol). Though, the people I know doing biomed love it! If you have the heart to still try and get into med and can't do it after a year, then I suggest you wait do it as a postgraduate degree. good luck!

Latest