The Student Room Group

Changes to Alevel teaching, due to Gove

Teachers and students, has the teaching of Alevels at your school/college changed as a consequence of the deletion of Jan exams?
:bump::bump:
Not really, except there is no study leave in Jan.

We are doing C3 and C4 simultaneously..

Can't think of anything else really
Reply 3
Feels like there's less pressure to learn quickly, which probably isn't a good thing because of how many exams I have. Agree with letsbehonest that C3 and C4 are being taught together rather than separately. I'm going to have 9 mocks in January so I still have to prepare for those.
My friend was saying her Business class system has changed. She said that she has finished the whole of her AS Business Studies because there's no Jan exams, so now they will be literally revising until their day of the exam.

For me, that would be horrible!!! Turning up to lessons just to revise form now until May, just seems a bit of a waste to be honest.

For me personally, I had no Jan exams anyway, so I'm alright.
Reply 5
Having Jan exams would have made them a bit easier. I'd have had a maths exam and a physics resit done in January so I would have less to revise in summer.
Les pressure on teachers by the looks of it, they keep saying "don't worry, you have ages" "I won't go over XYZ now, I'll do it after January" ...

I'd prefer January exams, would be good to get some out of the way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths
They#re doing C4 and C3 topics at the same time.
Further Maths
We did Fp1 normally buy stuck in a common Fp2 topic. We'll probably be doing Fp2 and Fp3 normally as there's little overlap! The Stats and mechanics classes are doing them separately, as well.
Chemistry
As normal, as there's little overlap between normal chem and organic chem
Biology
No difference as my college does all the bio exams in June anyway
Music
No difference as my college does all the bio exams in June anyway
Reply 8
History
No change.

English Literature
No change.

Biology
We are spending more time on Unit 1 as we aren't doing the January exam. I feel much more confident about this Unit 1 than I did about my AS Unit 1.
Reply 9
I must be the only one where my college is still doing C3 and C4 seperately. There's been absolutely no change to teaching at my college.
Original post by Blobar
I must be the only one where my college is still doing C3 and C4 seperately. There's been absolutely no change to teaching at my college.

I'm in the same boat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Yeah media has changed at our school, usually they'd have to cram teaching the theory side of the media exam up until the janurary exam then do practical such as our video's, editing etc but now we can do both equally up until the summer exams

Quick Reply

Latest