The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doppelgänger
No worries, you're welcome anytime! Helping you is my good deed of the year, so count yourself lucky :wink: My Ucas reply deadline is 05 June btw as I didn't receive my last unconditional until after 31 March.

So you have less than a month. What's your favourite so far?
Original post by Georgiaa4
So you have less than a month. What's your favourite so far?

LSE, but Warwick is also in the back of my mind. What are your initial thoughts on the PwC Flying Start Programme btw?
LSE, but Warwick is also in the back of my mind. What are your initial thoughts on the PwC Flying Start Programme btw?

They say that LSE don't give you a "student's life" but I heard pretty cool stuff about Warwick. :smile:
I liked the PwC Flying Start Programme! It gives you everything, learning and experience in the same time. But I don't know if I want to do a 4 years course. I haven't done any decisions though. I have to make some more research and see all the other options...
They say that LSE don't give you a "student's life" but I heard pretty cool stuff about Warwick. :smile:
I liked the PwC Flying Start Programme! It gives you everything, learning and experience in the same time. But I don't know if I want to do a 4 years course. I haven't done any decisions though. I have to make some more research and see all the other options...

They also say you'd be foolish to turn down LSE/City life and I can't help but agree aha. Sweet! The reason why it's 4 years is to fit in the work placements at PwC, so it's worth considering. Btw do you even want to be an Accountant and what subjects you study atm?
They also say you'd be foolish to turn down LSE/City life and I can't help but agree aha. Sweet! The reason why it's 4 years is to fit in the work placements at PwC, so it's worth considering. Btw do you even want to be an Accountant and what subjects you study atm?

It's true I love London...
Yeah I want to be an Accountant. My uncle is an Accountant and when I visited him at the office that he works I loved it there.
Also I'm from Cyprus and I'm studying at a Lyceum so our school system is quiet different from yours. The subjects I have is Maths, English and Accounting.
Reply 65
Firmed my offer for Accounting and Finance at Robert Gordon University :smile:
It's true I love London...
Yeah I want to be an Accountant. My uncle is an Accountant and when I visited him at the office that he works I loved it there.
Also I'm from Cyprus and I'm studying at a Lyceum so our school system is quiet different from yours. The subjects I have is Maths, English and Accounting.

Likewise.
It's great you know your vocation in life from your experience at an office. You're the first Cypriot I've ever spoken to then! Aha. Do you study in the UK or Cyprus atm?
Likewise.
It's great you know your vocation in life from your experience at an office. You're the first Cypriot I've ever spoken to then! Aha. Do you study in the UK or Cyprus atm?

Yes I'm studying at a Lyceum in Larnaca. Next year I'm planning to go to a Uni in the UK. What about you? Where do you study?
Yes I'm studying at a Lyceum in Larnaca. Next year I'm planning to go to a Uni in the UK. What about you? Where do you study?

Interesting. Bit of a globetrotter aren't you? I studied in England and have my grades already; I'm on a gap year right now.
Interesting. Bit of a globetrotter aren't you? I studied in England and have my grades already; I'm on a gap year right now.

Yeah, you can say that. :wink:
What grades did you get and what subjects did you had? They must be really good for your offers.
Never thought of going on a gap year. What is like being on a gap year?
Yeah, you can say that. :wink:
What grades did you get and what subjects did you had? They must be really good for your offers.
Never thought of going on a gap year. What is like being on a gap year?

Aha I said it :P
My grades are standard - A grades in Math, Physics and Law - but my personal statement and teacher reference were particularly impressive enough to boost my academic profile overall.
My gap year was uber last minute... i'll PM you my experience so far.
My long term goal is a front office job, is it worth doing A&F if it's not at LSE/warwick/Bath/Strathclyde?
Reply 72
I've applied for Accounting and Finance and got offers from City, Manchester, Bristol and Bath, and got an LSE rejection. City is my firm, and Manchester as my insurance. Really hoping to go to London, but does anyone know how Manchester compares because I haven't been to the uni before or looked at detail at the course? :smile: I had to apply for Manchester because they were all AAA and Manchester AAB so had to have a safety net :smile:
does accounting pay you a lot? what if i become unemployed in the future???
What's the job prospect like for accountant or chatered accountant
Original post by HannahDG
I've applied for Accounting and Finance and got offers from City, Manchester, Bristol and Bath, and got an LSE rejection. City is my firm, and Manchester as my insurance. Really hoping to go to London, but does anyone know how Manchester compares because I haven't been to the uni before or looked at detail at the course? :smile: I had to apply for Manchester because they were all AAA and Manchester AAB so had to have a safety net :smile:

When you say City, what Uni do you mean? I personally have no idea what Manchester is like but it's a top Uni overall. I'm surprised you didn't firm Bath as it's highly rated - No.1 A&F department again according to 2015 Complete University Guide...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Guys,

If you guys have any questions about studying accounting or related courses at Swansea University's School of Management I'd be happy to help! I used to study at the university and I work here in the recruitment team now too!

Soph
Reply 77
When you say City, what Uni do you mean? I personally have no idea what Manchester is like but it's a top Uni overall. I'm surprised you didn't firm Bath as it's highly rated - No.1 A&F department again according to 2015 Complete University Guide...

Posted from TSR Mobile

City Uni London :smile: Yeah, I really did consider Bath and I'm beginning to think that I should have thought about it a bit more. It's just that it's hard to get the train to from where I live, plus I loved London :')
Original post by walkers38
does accounting pay you a lot? what if i become unemployed in the future???

Then you become unemployed lol? Welcome to the job market.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Then you become unemployed lol? Welcome to the job market.

Haha. I meant is this a type of job where you get a job easily or it takes many tries to get one. I know jobs are tough but still what is the job prospect like?

Latest

Trending

Trending