Have you been there?

What made you want to apply there?

Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by propagation
Have you been there?

What made you want to apply there?

Thanks

No, I haven't been there yet unfortunately. It would have been nice to go for an open day but deciding to apply to Durham was sort of a last minute thing haha

I mainly applied there due to its amazing reputation as a university, plus I kind of feel like moving out. Durham are also lenient with the whole "Pharmacy course as a backup" thing, which helps with my situation.

What about you? Have you applied there?
Reply 4
Original post by PoorLoser
No, I haven't been there yet unfortunately. It would have been nice to go for an open day but deciding to apply to Durham was sort of a last minute thing haha

I mainly applied there due to its amazing reputation as a university, plus I kind of feel like moving out. Durham are also lenient with the whole "Pharmacy course as a backup" thing, which helps with my situation.

What about you? Have you applied there?

No I am trying to decide between Durham and Reading for my last choice I am not sure which one.
If someone could help me I would be so pleased.
Reply 5
No I am trying to decide between Durham and Reading for my last choice I am not sure which one.
If someone could help me I would be so pleased.

What are your predicted grades?

It's tough, Durham is new for pharmacy so may be no good, whereas it is still a well known university.

You might wana go for reading though, it's well established and is a good university.
Reply 6
What are your predicted grades?

It's tough, Durham is new for pharmacy so may be no good, whereas it is still a well known university.

You might wana go for reading though, it's well established and is a good university.

Hopefully A*AAB (Chem, Bio, Environmental Studies and Classics)

With the help of James A I decided on picking both and getting rid of De Montfort University.
Reply 7
Hopefully A*AAB (Chem, Bio, Environmental Studies and Classics)

With the help of James A I decided on picking both and getting rid of De Montfort University.

Good luck! Let me know if they get into contact with you :smile:

What do you think about UEA? Are they a well known uni? If I do an Mpharm course there Do you think it's more likely for me to get a job?
Reply 8
Good luck! Let me know if they get into contact with you :smile:

What do you think about UEA? Are they a well known uni? If I do an Mpharm course there Do you think it's more likely for me to get a job?

Thanks!

It does not matter really which uni you graduate from, you will have equal chances, but if you want a job apply elsewhere from where a uni is established which teaches Mpharm.

When looking at schools for Pharmacy I was looking for places where the teachers care about their students and provide a lot of help. With UEA I am not sure what the status is. I myself avoided it from any of my choices as I felt negatively about it so I avoided it.
Reply 9
Thanks!

It does not matter really which uni you graduate from, you will have equal chances, but if you want a job apply elsewhere from where a uni is established which teaches Mpharm.

When looking at schools for Pharmacy I was looking for places where the teachers care about their students and provide a lot of help. With UEA I am not sure what the status is. I myself avoided it from any of my choices as I felt negatively about it so I avoided it.

That's interesting..
It seems to have a really good reputation with it's MPharm course though. They've invited me to interview and I guess I'll see if I like the uni on the day.

I've also applied to Durham and UCL for Pharmacy, hoping to mainly get an offer from both of them. Not sure which I'd firm though, both are amazing and have their pro's and con's.
Reply 10
That's interesting..
It seems to have a really good reputation with it's MPharm course though. They've invited me to interview and I guess I'll see if I like the uni on the day.

I've also applied to Durham and UCL for Pharmacy, hoping to mainly get an offer from both of them. Not sure which I'd firm though, both are amazing and have their pro's and con's.

Ahh sweet :smile:, Goodluck :biggrin:

I would firm UCL, I have friends there and they absolutely love it. 2 are doing Pharmacy and 1 is doing Medicine :smile:
Reply 11
Ahh sweet :smile:, Goodluck :biggrin:

I would firm UCL, I have friends there and they absolutely love it. 2 are doing Pharmacy and 1 is doing Medicine :smile:

Thanks!

Yeh, I've heard that UCL is great for pharmacy, and it's close to home so less costs!
tbh, the main reason for picking pharmacy is the chemistry aspect of it - I'm really interested in that part mixed with all the drug stuff - the course is just really quite interesting. I'd love a uni curriculum which has a bulky bit of chemistry in it haha
Reply 12
Thanks!

Yeh, I've heard that UCL is great for pharmacy, and it's close to home so less costs!
tbh, the main reason for picking pharmacy is the chemistry aspect of it - I'm really interested in that part mixed with all the drug stuff - the course is just really quite interesting. I'd love a uni curriculum which has a bulky bit of chemistry in it haha

Surprisingly there is a lot of biology stuff as well. I am really into the interactions between drugs and the body. Plus atm I am really enjoying Chem and in later years Pharmacy is dominated by chemistry :biggrin: .

I think my choices have been very risky considering I am third year and have achieved a C in Bio and Classics. :/
Reply 13
Surprisingly there is a lot of biology stuff as well. I am really into the interactions between drugs and the body. Plus atm I am really enjoying Chem and in later years Pharmacy is dominated by chemistry :biggrin: .

I think my choices have been very risky considering I am third year and have achieved a C in Bio and Classics. :/

yay! Same, that's pretty much the only bit of biology that is actually interesting me lol.

I'm sure you'll be fine! what are all your choices? other than durham and reading
Reply 14
yay! Same, that's pretty much the only bit of biology that is actually interesting me lol.

I'm sure you'll be fine! what are all your choices? other than durham and reading

I am not to keen on the plant stuff, but some of it is ok tbf.

I have applied for:
Bath, Durham, Reading, Lincoln, Bradford

How about you?
Reply 15
I am not to keen on the plant stuff, but some of it is ok tbf.

I have applied for:
Bath, Durham, Reading, Lincoln, Bradford

How about you?

Really hate that plant stuff, it doesn't interest me at all. :/

Some great universities there! I hope Durham isn't too competitive or I might just see you there! :redface:

Durham, UCL, UEA for pharmacy.
Reply 16
Really hate that plant stuff, it doesn't interest me at all. :/

Some great universities there! I hope Durham isn't too competitive or I might just see you there! :redface:

Durham, UCL, UEA for pharmacy.

what are your other 2 choices?

Yeah we may well see each other there :P
Reply 17
what are your other 2 choices?

Yeah we may well see each other there :P

The 2 other choices are for medicine :colondollar:
I know that pharmacy as a 'back-up' is frowned upon here in the pharmacy section, so I avoid saying that lol.
Although, to be fair, I wouldn't call pharmacy being my back-up considering I did take up 3 out of 5 of my UCAS choices on it. It would be lovely to do any of the 2 courses, medicine or pharmacy,
Reply 18
The 2 other choices are for medicine :colondollar:
I know that pharmacy as a 'back-up' is frowned upon here in the pharmacy section, so I avoid saying that lol.
Although, to be fair, I wouldn't call pharmacy being my back-up considering I did take up 3 out of 5 of my UCAS choices on it. It would be lovely to do any of the 2 courses, medicine or pharmacy,

It's absolutely fine :smile:

Where are you applying for them?

If you want to do Medicine over Pharmacy and you get no offers for Medicine PM me :biggrin:
Reply 19
It's absolutely fine :smile:

Where are you applying for them?

If you want to do Medicine over Pharmacy and you get no offers for Medicine PM me :biggrin:

For medicine, I've applied to Exeter and Plymouth

Thanks! if I decide not to go uni next year/get no offers, I'll take a gap year and properly re-apply next year. I don't really mind taking a gap year, I'd love to go travelling and do a bunch of exciting stuff - definitely would make the best of it!

How about you? Would you consider a gap year?

Quick Reply

Latest