The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

University of Aberdeen

Hey !

Has anyone heard from the university of Aberdeen? Either in the form of an acknowledgement email or an offer? Also, has anyone applied there to do Neuroscience with Psychology?

Thank you ¬¬:colondollar::colondollar:
Original post by Shewa
Hey !

Has anyone heard from the university of Aberdeen? Either in the form of an acknowledgement email or an offer? Also, has anyone applied there to do Neuroscience with Psychology?

Thank you ¬¬:colondollar::colondollar:

Heya, unfortunately Aberdeen Uni is usually quite a slow one for replying to offers, it was actually the last one that got back to me when I applied for 2013 entry! You should get an acknowledgement letter fairly soon though.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Original post by hattiemcbinky
Heya, unfortunately Aberdeen Uni is usually quite a slow one for replying to offers, it was actually the last one that got back to me when I applied for 2013 entry! You should get an acknowledgement letter fairly soon though.

Hey !

Thank you so much and yeah I hope I get one soon!
Reply 3
Hey everyone,

I'm applying from Ireland and have put down Aberdeen, not as my first choice, but as one of them. I'm fairly confident I'd be happy there, but since they don't send a prospectus, has anyone got any information which might be helpful to me? If you go to the uni, what's it like? If you've been to an open day, did you enjoy it? If it's one of your choices, too, why did you pick it?
Thanks guys, I'd really appreciate some information, anything you think might be of interest :smile: x
Reply 4
Original post by marabell
Hey everyone,

I'm applying from Ireland and have put down Aberdeen, not as my first choice, but as one of them. I'm fairly confident I'd be happy there, but since they don't send a prospectus, has anyone got any information which might be helpful to me? If you go to the uni, what's it like? If you've been to an open day, did you enjoy it? If it's one of your choices, too, why did you pick it?
Thanks guys, I'd really appreciate some information, anything you think might be of interest :smile: x

Hello!
This will give you all the basic information:
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/documents/2014_UG_Prospectus_.pdf

I went on the open day and fell in love with the uni and the city :biggrin: It's a relatively small uni, which I really liked and I found it really homely. The library is absolutely amazing and so is the sports facilities. It is really close to the beach and there are some open green spaces around the uni so it is quite scenic.

The newer accommodation is nicer than the older, as you presume, but the older is still nice enough and I'd be fine living there for a year :smile:

I'm applying for engineering, and the department facilities were better than some of the others I had been to see.

What are you applying for?
Reply 5
Original post by doris20sr
Hello!
This will give you all the basic information:
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/documents/2014_UG_Prospectus_.pdf

I went on the open day and fell in love with the uni and the city :biggrin: It's a relatively small uni, which I really liked and I found it really homely. The library is absolutely amazing and so is the sports facilities. It is really close to the beach and there are some open green spaces around the uni so it is quite scenic.

The newer accommodation is nicer than the older, as you presume, but the older is still nice enough and I'd be fine living there for a year :smile:

I'm applying for engineering, and the department facilities were better than some of the others I had been to see.

What are you applying for?

Thank you so much for all that, really appreciate it! :biggrin:

I'm applying for English and History. Aberdeen sounds lovely. I'm also applying for Edinburgh, St. Andrews, UEA and Exeter, all of which I really love. Where else are you applying to? :smile:
Reply 6
Thank you so much for all that, really appreciate it! :biggrin:

I'm applying for English and History. Aberdeen sounds lovely. I'm also applying for Edinburgh, St. Andrews, UEA and Exeter, all of which I really love. Where else are you applying to? :smile:

It's ok!
I'm applying to Exeter too! Along with Surrey, Cardiff and Belfast :smile:
Reply 7
It's ok!
I'm applying to Exeter too! Along with Surrey, Cardiff and Belfast :smile:

I really hope you get a place, best of luck :smile: Also I was just wondering, did you find Aberdeen to be remote or well connected? How did it compare to the other unis? :smile:
I'm applying to Aberdeen to do politics and philosophy :smile: I heard they were pretty slow, my brother is in 2nd year and he got his offer in March.
Hey everyone,

It's absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!! and has the biggest wifi campus in Europe. It's just amazing I love it there it's definitely my first choice.
Reply 10
Original post by MissSparklee
It's absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!! and has the biggest wifi campus in Europe. It's just amazing I love it there it's definitely my first choice.

Thanks for the reply! Delighted to hear that you love it so much... best of luck with your application! :smile:
Reply 11
I really hope you get a place, best of luck :smile: Also I was just wondering, did you find Aberdeen to be remote or well connected? How did it compare to the other unis? :smile:

Thank you! I hope you do too :biggrin:
I found it quite well connected and on par with the other cities. Despite it being the furthest away for me I can get there by two trains so I thought this was pretty good! The local public transport seemed decent and ran often too. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by MissSparklee
I'm applying to Aberdeen to do politics and philosophy :smile: I heard they were pretty slow, my brother is in 2nd year and he got his offer in March.

That's so long to wait! :frown:
Reply 13
I got my application off today, and im applying for History.

The modules for me were enticing as was the history of both the University and the area. I looked at the online prospectus and just got a good feeling when looking at it.

I could also picture myself there which helped immensely.

Fingers crossed, and good luck everyone else!
Reply 14
Thank you! I hope you do too :biggrin:
I found it quite well connected and on par with the other cities. Despite it being the furthest away for me I can get there by two trains so I thought this was pretty good! The local public transport seemed decent and ran often too. :smile:

That sounds great, thank you. Where I live in Ireland, everywhere's remote, so I'm sure it'll seem very busy and exciting! XD

That also means I'll be able to get home/see relatives fairly easily. Thanks so much. :smile:
Thanks for the reply! Delighted to hear that you love it so much... best of luck with your application! :smile:

No worries:biggrin: and thanks a lot :smile: xx
Reply 16
That sounds great, thank you. Where I live in Ireland, everywhere's remote, so I'm sure it'll seem very busy and exciting! XD

That also means I'll be able to get home/see relatives fairly easily. Thanks so much. :smile:

It'll probably be a big change then! :smile:
That is always a key things you don't want to be limited as to when you can come home! You're very welcome :smile:
Reply 17
Hey, guys, could you perhaps help me out?
I'm an EU citizen outside if the UK, but I really want to get into a Scottish university and I'm applying for Law and International Relations/Politics and only the following universities offer that: Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Dundee, Glasgow, Stirling, Strathclyde. I hear that Scottish universities are more prone to accepting fee-paying students, but since I am not, would that hinder my chances? I'm in the IB program, btw. Could you guys suggest which universities are the likeliest and the least likeliest to accept someone like me? My number one choices are Aberdeen and Edinburgh, and the rest I want to apply just to make sure I get in, so I also need to know which universities I'm pretty much guaranteed to get into. Thanks, guys, this website is really useful! ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending