The Student Room Group

Anyone else applying to do Medieval History 2014?Anyone already studied/studying it?

Hey!

Im applying to do Mesieval History in 2014 at Bangor, Aber, Lancaster, Hull or Lampeter. I was just wondering what to expect from people that have already studied it, reading list lengths, work load etc? Also I was wondering if anyone else had received an offer of Trinity st Davids/Lampeter for 2014 yet as that's the only offer I'm still waiting on.

Thanks!! Xox:biggrin:
Any sort of History degree involves a great deal of reading. This might sound obvious - but lots of applicants miss this point. And its not just reading about historical eras/topics etc but also the theory of doing History as an academic subject - 'why', 'how' we do History etc. Medieval History isnt any different in terms of workload - and with any degree course, ultimateky its up to you how much work you put it.

Recommended reading for anyone thinking of doing a History degree - any History degree - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Studying-History-Palgrave-Study-Skills/dp/1403987343 - an easy to read book that introduces you to lots of the 'bigger ideas' you'll be expected to grapple with, plus helpful stuff about writing essays, exam revision etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending