The Student Room Group

You are not being bullied, you are just too sensitive.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Sjeww
I don't like this, a lot more should be taken into account. For someone who is or has been a victim of bullying I'll bet the majority would doubt themselves and feel pathetic after reading something like this. A lot of people who are bullied blame themselves and don't realise they are being bullied. Posts like this could be worded in a much more positive light as they have the capacity to make a bully victim feel that they are just 'too sensitive' as opposed to being bullied or treated unfairly. Its fine to have an opinion and to voice it but I think everyone should think about the effect things like this have on EVERYONE that would have reason to read it including people who are victims of bullying.

Grow up. There is a difference between being bullied and having someone not completely cater to any and every fragile emotional state you may possess. People can't, won't, and shouldn't have to be nice all the time. The context of the Op was a condemnation of people who actually believed having someone give them a negative rating to be a form of bullying. If a person actually construes that as bullying then they SHOULD blame themselves.
Original post by Sjeww
I don't like this, a lot more should be taken into account. For someone who is or has been a victim of bullying I'll bet the majority would doubt themselves and feel pathetic after reading something like this. A lot of people who are bullied blame themselves and don't realise they are being bullied. Posts like this could be worded in a much more positive light as they have the capacity to make a bully victim feel that they are just 'too sensitive' as opposed to being bullied or treated unfairly. Its fine to have an opinion and to voice it but I think everyone should think about the effect things like this have on EVERYONE that would have reason to read it including people who are victims of bullying.

You won't last long in the real world I'm afraid.
Original post by ckingalt
Grow up. There is a difference between being bullied and having someone not completely cater to any and every fragile emotional state you may possess. People can't, won't, and shouldn't have to be nice all the time. The context of the Op was a condemnation of people who actually believed having someone give them a negative rating to be a form of bullying. If a person actually construes that as bullying then they SHOULD blame themselves.

I think the point he's trying to make is that people who actually have been bullied will read your OP and think that they are being too sensitive and that it is somehow their fault, when it isn't. And I think his point is valid. I'm sure that's not what you were trying to achieve with your OP, but it's easy to construe the wrong way by the wrong people.

Quick Reply

Latest