The Student Room Group

Doing a-levels at age 19?

Hi everyone, to cut a long story short my boyfriend left school after his GCSE's and went out into the world of work. 2 years later, he's decided to return to school and do some a levels.
Given that he'll be 19 when he potentially starts year 12, are there any rules on this? Like, will he have to pay for his a levels?
Does anyone know anywhere in london where he can study a levels at age 19?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by TomR10
There's some fella from Birmingham who's 19 and is in my year (1st year) of college. As far as I'm aware, he isn't paying for his A levels so I don't think your boyfriend will have to either.
However, I'm up north in Liverpool so it may be different down in London ! :smile:

It'll be free for him as it'll be his first level 3 course - my sister boyfriend done this and he done it for free!
Reply 2
Original post by Justcuriousyaknow
Hi everyone, to cut a long story short my boyfriend left school after his GCSE's and went out into the world of work. 2 years later, he's decided to return to school and do some a levels.
Given that he'll be 19 when he potentially starts year 12, are there any rules on this? Like, will he have to pay for his a levels?
Does anyone know anywhere in london where he can study a levels at age 19?

Thanks in advance :smile:

I think if he hasn't taken a level 3 qualification in the past it should be free. Although many people say you must pay over the age of 19, I was informed what I stated previously :smile:

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest