The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

9stone, 14, 5"3'
Reply 61
5ft7
61kg :frown: :'( need to get to 56kg.
5'2/3 and 8stone, oh and Im 18 x
about 10 stone.

5 foot 8 and I have not grown for over a year. Very worrying as every male in my family are over 6 feet.
Reply 64
5'5 and 9 stone :smile:
Original post by Sheldor
Are you sure you're under 40kg? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well...according to the Tesco weight thing I am. I'm 14 and Asian so that might explain it :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 66
24 years old.
5'10".
13.5 stone.

I'd like to say it's because I do weight training, but in reality I'm just a bit fat :redface:
Reply 67
5ft 8, 67kg as of last week...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
6 stone 13 pounds and 5ft 4.5. I don't look underweight nor am I unhealthy, but my BMI suggests I'm quite a bit underweight (not sure of the accuracy though) :tongue:

It's generally not that accurate. Although, if it tells you you're underweight, you more than likely are.

I feel really fat after reading thread. I'm 5ft and weight 9st.
Original post by ChoccyMelody
Well...according to the Tesco weight thing I am. I'm 14 and Asian so that might explain it :wink:

Oh ok, not to be rude or anything but if that was accurate I'd be suggesting a trip to the GP. :/ Although I'm no doctor so maybe I'm just underestimating what size that is? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
7.5 stone I think (48 kg). I'm 17 and 5"4.5, don't know if this is actually underweight, like my doctor says I need to put on weight but is it normal (I'm not anorexic or anything, I eat like a pig)
Original post by Sheldor
Oh ok, not to be rude or anything but if that was accurate I'd be suggesting a trip to the GP. :/ Although I'm no doctor so maybe I'm just underestimating what size that is? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I eat a lot so I'm not too worried, I guess I just have a fast metabolism. Both my parents are quite short and slim too. I'm not sure if it's normal though. :-)
11 1/2 stone. Really need to lose a stone though.
Original post by Sheldor
How are you all so light?! I'm a similar height to you guys and I'm starting to feel heavy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Believe me, it's not always a good thing!
6 foot or something and 9 stone 5 (134 pounds)

I'm working on my weight so I expect that to improve :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 75
I'm 5ft 11" tall and weigh around 9.5 stones. Technically underweight according to my BMI, but I find it really difficult to put on weight! 21 years old by the way. Should probably say that I'm also a vegetarian, so my diet consists of very little fat aside from dairy products.
Reply 76
I eat a lot so I'm not too worried, I guess I just have a fast metabolism. Both my parents are quite short and slim too. I'm not sure if it's normal though. :-)

I'm guessing that the Tesco scales are definitely not accurate! At that height and weight, your BMI comes out at 15.9, which is quite under the 18.5 figure usually quoted for those underweight!!
Original post by Ceryni
I'm guessing that the Tesco scales are definitely not accurate! At that height and weight, your BMI comes out at 15.9, which is quite under the 18.5 figure usually quoted for those underweight!!

Did you use the BMI calculator/chart for adults? If so that may be why. The NHS BMI calculator shows I'm at a healthy weight, albeit only just. Charts/calculators that don't take into account birthday normally show me as underweight whereas ones that do shows I'm at a healthy weight. :smile:
5 ft 8 64 kg
Reply 79
Did you use the BMI calculator/chart for adults? If so that may be why. The NHS BMI calculator shows I'm at a healthy weight, albeit only just. Charts/calculators that don't take into account birthday normally show me as underweight whereas ones that do shows I'm at a healthy weight. :smile:

Oh no, I just used the normal formula.

I guess that at your age it's not that low then :tongue:

Latest