The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

There's a year 9 thread now?

Alrighty then, good luck!

Year 10 student :wink:
Original post by Mr...
It might not be a yearly thing, just want to see if it works. It probably won't and I will get called a troll.

Perhaps look in the welcome threads for year 9s and recruit them?
What GCSE's are you going to choose?

I've chosen them already, started GCSEs this year (my school starts GCSEs a year early)

Compulsory:

English Lit & Lang
Maths
Double Science
RE
IT (so boring, have to print screen and label EVERYTHING)

My choices:

Music
Geography
Spanish

Why?

It's apparently useful to have a language, I love music and not sure why I picked geography.

Favourite Subjects?

Music, maths and chemistry.

Why?

Music: I love music and play instruments
Maths: It's logical and there's a right answer for everything
Chemistry: It's interesting
(edited 10 years ago)
Have a feeling that this thread is going to be quite dead...:wink:
Ah! I was going to start a thread, but you beat me to it! :P

COMPULOSRY:

IGCSE Edexcel Maths
IGCSE AQA English Lit
IGCSE AQA English Lang
IGCSE Triple Science (Physics, Biology and Chemistry)

CHOICES:

Music
Latin
French
History

------------------------------------------------------

Why? Music: Have been playing piano since I was 3 - currently Grade 6 Piano and would like to be a teacher when I'm older.
Latin: Mother is forcing me too. No surprise there. :mad: :rolleyes: :yucky:
French: Would like to do it for A Level, since I'm good with languages.
History: Either RS, Geography or History. Opted History due to our course covering Cold War and Russia.

I'm also taking my Russian GCSE at the end of Year 9 - freaking out, a LOT TBH. :yikes:

Favourite subjects? Easy. Music, French and History. :P
Geography course covers stuff like WHY IS THIS COUNTRIES GDP LOW? etc. Pretty useless stuff tbh. History will teach you more about the world, and how corrupt it is. :wink: :P
Interesting...a year 9 thread now
(edited 10 years ago)
If any of your yr9s need help.. Pop onto the year ten thread. We're always there! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midnightmemories
If any of your yr9s need help.. Pop onto the year ten thread. We're always there! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe, thanks :P

Original post by AMYC1999
wow a y9 thread now???

Yes, yes there is.
Reply 10
Hi :smile:

Just thought I'd pop by. Year 11 student here. What's up? How's school treating you? Doing anything over the holidays, or are you like me and prefer to procrastinate?
Reply 11
Original post by Mr...
Is geography good though? I am leaning towards History but if it is good I will do both.

I do History so... You probably know what I'm going to say.

I know everyone's different, but generally, people say that Geography is easier than History, but History is far more interesting.

Pick whichever you think you'll enjoy :smile:
Hello, I'm in Year 10 :smile: You can ask me or any of the other Year 10's on the Year 10 thread if you need any help with anything like picking your GCSE options. Make the most of your time in Year 9! :biggrin:
Original post by Mr...
Is geography good though? I am leaning towards History but if it is good I will do both.

I don't do Geography although I've heard that it's fairly easy but boring.
Original post by lubsjk
Hi :smile:

Just thought I'd pop by. Year 11 student here. What's up? How's school treating you? Doing anything over the holidays, or are you like me and prefer to procrastinate?

Schools good. Trying to get as much revision done for the few tests I have next half term as possible - cause during school time we'll have work overload :P And am killing myself over Russian GCSE next year D:

Original post by Mr...
I might do both just for the extra GCSE. Also I am going to take Manderin and French. Scared of the workload. Why didn't you choose History then and what was your Options Evening like?

I haven't had options evening yet - January. And I am doing history.........?

Woah, are you trying to pile up the work? :P My friends say that they regret doing Geography, since in the first term of Year 10, they had filled a whole A4 Level Arch full of work o.O
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Mr...
Thanks Pixie.Keep Posting Guys.

What was your Options Evening like?

I just said - it's in January!!
Original post by Mr...
Please don't criticise I just want to try something out for the reasonable amount of Year Nines on this website. However your opinion is welcome.:biggrin:

TO BREAK THE ICE

What GCSE's are you going to choose?
Why?
Favourite Subjects?
Why?
:redface:Everybody is welcome just be nice. NO grumble-stiltskins

Thread Starter, I think you should add this link to the Original Post, edit it in as useful links This is 'The Current Year 10 Thread'. Year 9 Students may use it for any help/guidance etc. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2435645 :smile:
Original post by AMYC1999
Thread Starter, I think you should add this link to the Original Post, edit it in as useful links This is 'The Current Year 10 Thread'. Year 9 Students may use it for any help/guidance etc. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2435645 :smile:

The introductions in the 1st post are quite cool :cool:
Enjoy year nine.
It'll the your last sane year you will have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
I love the subjects and want extra A*(hopefully) for my Oxford application and Durham etc. for Law.

We had students go do Law at uni last year, and they did the original 10 GCSEs. :P