The Student Room Group

Boy with girl trouble. Yes it's another one of those threads.

I really like this girl, have done for a while now. Haven't said anything yet though [naturally, being male and expecting her to mind read].

I'm scared if I tell her she won't feel the same and it will ruin things, because we've been good friends for years.

I always catch her staring at me, you know, THE stare.
We always have a laugh, her mum loves me, and she hates it when I go moody with her, to the point she's been in tears before.. oops. She even wanted to come to a family party with me last night, is that normal.. for friends?

She's so pretty and is one of those girls that lads would throw themselves over, this is what worries me. She's started going out on the town now and I'm scared she'll meet someone.

I really lack in confidence, so doubt she feels the same, so try not to talk to her for a while to get her out of my head, but then she'll text me and it all starts over.

What do you think, does it sound like she likes me? What should I do
It sounds like you really do like this girl and clearly not for the shallow reason that most guys do; you genuinely respect and admire her. If you want to say anything I can advise you not to come out with "I like you" but possibly suggest that you do something. Being a girl, I personally prefer a guy to be a little more forward (consider the fact that she likes you and is going through the exact same thought process ) so make a move even if a little one. But a word of warning; I used to be very close to a guy and on numerous occasions he tried to tell me at he had deeper feelings for me. I liked this guy but not like that, and I felt bad for having unknowingly led him on. Just think about how she is with other guys, not to say that she isn't interested in you but if she is similar with you as other guys the chance might be that that's just her nature... But if I'm honest, it sounds as if she does like you or could develop deeper feelings for you so take a chance. Do something together, if you can, that's safe ground (ie not instantly date-y)(not sure how old you are so don't know what's appropriate) I've had friends before that haven't told one another that they like eachother and eventually one will get tired of waiting and will move on - if the signs all point to an interest now, then do something now! Just remember to think realistically and just be yourself, because that's who you want her to fall for after all :smile: good luck with it.
I agree with anon above, I think set up something that's not overtly screaming DATE!!! (e.g. dinner and a movie, boring anyway) but put the idea to her in the way that's like "Oh I really fancy doing ___, would you like to come with me?" maybe something fun, maybe activity based or like going to the aquarium or whatever, I have no idea about your interests etc. Keep it casual, see how she acts leading up to it (e.g. I have a friend who is a great friend but I do kinda put off going to things like that alone with him because I'm worried he'll get the wrong idea). Honestly she sounds like a decent girl so I'm sure similarly she wouldn't do something she felt could hint at 'leading you on'.

Try not to be so pessimistic! It sounds like she genuinely enjoys spending time with you, your feelings are clearly important to her and NEVER underestimate the mum-love card :wink:
Don't want to give you any false info but from my (personal!) perspective I probably wouldn't have wanted to go to a family party with 'just a friend'...that's just me though.

Best of luck and I really hope it all works out for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending