The Student Room Group

Canadian hiker eats his own dog.

Scroll to see replies

Fair play to him I would've ate the dog too
Reply 41
Original post by mdevil3
This. If you didn't eat your dog it would be left alone and die anyway so what would be the point in two lives being wasted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually the dog would probably eat him.
Original post by AreebWithaHat
I don't think most understand tbh. My dog is like a brother to me, we're closer than best mates. I wouldn't eat my brother, why would I eat my dog?

If that is truly the case then if you were starving to death would you rather eat a human stranger or your pet dog?

If you choose to eat the pet dog in this scenario then they are not really as close as human family are they?
Reply 43
Original post by DarkWhite
Why does it sound gay? Are you a female dog as well?

If not, there's really no need to describe it as 'gay'. Out of all the words that could represent your feelings in that particular scenario, 'gay' really is a poor choice.

The reason I put apostrophes around it was to show that it was not meant in the literal sense, it is said like it would be at school.
Original post by Really_now
If that is truly the case then if you were starving to death would you rather eat a human stranger or your pet dog?

If you choose to eat the pet dog in this scenario then they are not really as close as human family are they?

human stranger no doubt
Reply 45
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
According to the article, his supplies were destroyed by a bear at the start of the 3 month trip (didn't he take extra back-up supplies in case of an emergency? And a satellite phone?) and he then got lost in the wilderness.

God, he's a terrible hiker. :lol:
Original post by KingKumar
The reason I put apostrophes around it was to show that it was not meant in the literal sense, it is said like it would be at school.

Using it colloquially in a conversation, you probably would've gotten away with among your peers (especially considering you're a GCSE student) but using it in a civil conversation does make you sound like a bit of a ****tard (no offence).
Reply 47
Original post by SoftPunch
I am not gonna take it up to the moderators - it's your choice but I am probably speaking for a few ppl here. Just gave you an opinion.

Yeah you're entitled to give it, but what were you hoping to achieve? And so what if other people feel the same?

I don't see you actually critiquing what I originally had to say, isn't that supposed to be more important than bringing up someone's choice of writing style? :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 48
wews thats really gross .. :eek:
Reply 49
Original post by IlexBlue
God, he's a terrible hiker. :lol:

I know! Who gets lost 3 days into a 3 month hiking trip. What a moron.

Original post by AreebWithaHat
I don't think most understand tbh. My dog is like a brother to me, we're closer than best mates. I wouldn't eat my brother, why would I eat my dog?

According to most people on this thread we'd probably kill our own brothers with a rock and eat them, after a few days in the wild.
Reply 50
A hiker killed and ate his own dog ?

Sometimes lifes a bitch.
I know! Who gets lost 3 days into a 3 month hiking trip. What a moron.

According to most people on this thread we'd probably kill our own brothers with a rock and eat them, after a few days in the wild.

Because a brother is totally equal to a dog, right?

The man was starving. Humans have this thing called a survival instinct. He did what he had to. You cannot possibly know what you would do if you were put in a situation like that.

Being honest, it hurts me to think about even laying a finger on my two beautiful dogs. But I can't say I would rather STARVE TO DEATH if I was in that situation.

EDIT: However, I'd probably leave them at home anyway...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by Ripper-Roo

Yeah you're entitled to give it, but what were you hoping to achieve? And so what if other people feel the same?

I don't see you actually critiquing what I originally had to say, isn't that supposed to be more important than bringing up someone's choice of writing style? :colondollar:

This isn't a "writing style"; it's an ostentatious typographical eyesore. Had you even the most rudimentary grasp of actual style, you'd remember that in matters of dress a woman is counselled either to display her calves or her cleavage but never both, lest she be chastised as indecorous and (rightly) branded an irksome parvenu by her peers and betters, and the same principle very much applies here: you're currently a whore, crouched inside the proverbial wedding-cake of your tacky, garish nonsense, reluctant to emerge and be decisively judged on the contents of your (liberally padded) brassiere.

By all means, pick a subtly different colour, or perhaps even a novel yet still legible alternative font as an outlet for your irrepressible aesthetic subversion*, but for the love of all that is classic, refined and legitimately urbane; stop being such an insufferable ponce.

*Which, I might add, is precisely what signatures are for.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 53
I would, at the end of the day It's the only thing left to ensure my survival. It sucks but come on, seriously, I'm loling at the people saying they'd rather die. At the end of the day, it's a dog and you're a human. Whose survival truly matters at the end of the day?
Reply 54
Original post by SoftPunch
Oh my... 9 rep points
Today is a good day :biggrin:

I hope you're not being serious.
Reply 55
Original post by arkhamz
I would, at the end of the day It's the only thing left to ensure my survival. It sucks but come on, seriously, I'm loling at the people saying they'd rather die. At the end of the day, it's a dog and you're a human. Whose survival truly matters at the end of the day?

According to the article, his supplies were destroyed by a bear at the start of the 3 month trip (didn't he take extra back-up supplies in case of an emergency? And a satellite phone?) and he then got lost in the wilderness. The bear came into his camp and his "beloved" dog chases it away.

He then eats the dog a few days later after killing it with a rock.

As the top commentor on that article says, I would actually rather die than kill and eat one of my pets.

What do you think of this? Could you kill and eat one of your pets?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2483950/Hiker-forced-eat-dog-stranded-Canadian-wilderness-3-months.html

One does not eat a dog that has been by your side faithfully. That's a nice way to say thanks...I'd eat something wild
Reply 57
Original post by arkhamz

I am - 9 rep points from one user
So, I say you hope has been stumped on.
Reply 58
Original post by Profesh

At the end of the day....36297149.jpg
I could not have been able to kill any of my dogs, no way. Especially in such a brutal way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending