The Student Room Group

Canadian hiker eats his own dog.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
The animal loves you too, it'd have wanted to sacrifice itself to save its owner.

That's what I'd tell myself anyway.

So is cannibalism okay? If the person had already been killed?

Yes cannibalism is ok in this instance. Why should 2 people die just for the sake of being 'humane'?? I'd want my friend to eat me, so I'd sure eat them if they died and I was stranded.
Original post by Dr. Django
Yes cannibalism is ok in this instance. Why should 2 people die just for the sake of being 'humane'?? I'd want my friend to eat me, so I'd sure eat them if they died and I was stranded.

If two people were definitely going to die, is it wrong to murder? It's a matter of time before the other does it.

Or should they toss a coin or something?:lol:
If two people were definitely going to die, is it wrong to murder? It's a matter of time before the other does it.

Or should they toss a coin or something?:lol:

Nah, actually killing someone would be too much. We'd wait it out, see who died first and agree that whoever was left could eat them.
Whats wrong with this?
Original post by arkhamz
Alright you too, it was a brainfart. Calm down, it really isn't that big of a deal. I mean... At the end of the day...

You should definitely add '110 %' and 'top quality' to your literary arsenal. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr. Django
Nah, actually killing someone would be too much. We'd wait it out, see who died first and agree that whoever was left could eat them.

Aah, I see. If you died the same time then that would suck.
Aah, I see. If you died the same time then that would suck.

haha yeah, or if you were by that time too weak to eat them! To be honest, I don't know if I'd kill them or not. All i know is I'd take any source of food there was.
**** all meat on my dog anyway!

Seriously though this guy probably deserved to die for being so unprepared, I'm also quite skeptical about the circumstances.

I wouldn't put myself into a position where I was forced to eat a dog.
Reply 88
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
According to the article, his supplies were destroyed by a bear at the start of the 3 month trip (didn't he take extra back-up supplies in case of an emergency? And a satellite phone?) and he then got lost in the wilderness. The bear came into his camp and his "beloved" dog chases it away.

He then eats the dog a few days later after killing it with a rock.

As the top commentor on that article says, I would actually rather die than kill and eat one of my pets.

What do you think of this? Could you kill and eat one of your pets?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2483950/Hiker-forced-eat-dog-stranded-Canadian-wilderness-3-months.html

ii don't think the 'pet issue' is a big deal. seems odd tho that he would eat his only effective bear defence. why not go hunting for deer, or fishing? seems an odd conclusion to reach
Original post by KingKumar
You obviously don't have a pet, if you did you would understand how it would be physically impossible for you to eat him/her. This may sound 'gay' but my dog is my best friend and part of my family - there's a part of me which would rather have her survive than I.

Ive had many pets, live on an old farm. Had countless chickens (odd pets but I love them, some raised from incubator rather than hens), ducks, peacocks,rabbits, gerbils, hamsters, but most importantly, two dogs. One is fifteen, my first memory was getting her as puppy, the other one was just a puppy herself a year ago.I cant bare to eat animals so im veggie, but if it was me or them, guess what, I come first.
I love the hypocrisy of some people on here. You will slaughter thousands of animals in your life so you can have a burger but you wont kill just one to save yourself.
Reply 90
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
Ive had many pets, live on an old farm. Had countless chickens (odd pets but I love them, some raised from incubator rather than hens), ducks, peacocks,rabbits, gerbils, hamsters, but most importantly, two dogs. One is fifteen, my first memory was getting her as puppy, the other one was just a puppy herself a year ago.I cant bare to eat animals so im veggie, but if it was me or them, guess what, I come first.
I love the hypocrisy of some people on here. You will slaughter thousands of animals in your life so you can have a burger but you wont kill just one to save yourself.

You think everyone who eats burgers would have the guts to kill a cow? :biggrin:
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
Om nom nom :eating:

dogs with noodles:colone: tasty ****
Original post by amir123786211
dogs with noodles:colone: tasty ****

How does it compare with horse?
Original post by KingKumar
You think everyone who eats burgers would have the guts to kill a cow? :biggrin:

No, and thats the problem. They will happily pay a few quid for someone else to do it but would be too ignorant to do it themselves. Its not courageous to say you would put your own life before your pets, even less so when you the person doesn't care about animals in the first place.
Reply 94
Humans are superior.

Always.

If I was hungry in the wilderness, I'd kill and eat an animal in a heartbeat.

It's just a natrual way of surviving.

I have cut down on eating meat but we're supposed to eat meat.

Our organs and teeth are made for it.

Animals eat other animals.

It would take me longer to eat a human but if that's what I needed to do, I'd do it.

-Gracie
Original post by missgepp
Humans are superior.

Always.

If I was hungry in the wilderness, I'd kill and eat an animal in a heartbeat.

It would take me longer to eat a human but if that's what I needed to do, I'd do it.

-Gracie

You are scary :eek3:
Reply 96
I can't kill a chicken, so how I would eat something bigger? :hmmm:
Reply 97
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
You are scary :eek3:

I know :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending