The Student Room Group

Cambridge or Oxford for Medicine?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by plainview
oxford has the best medical school in the world.

100% biased.:giggle:
Reply 21
Both the same
Reply 22
Original post by We, happy few!
100% biased.:giggle:

I'm an English student!

Did you make a typo in your username?
Original post by Plainview
I'm an English student!

Did you make a typo in your username?

No! Does it look like one?
It's a famous quote from William Shakespeare's Henry V play: "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother". :smile:
Original post by iano101
I was kidding, so it seems you are the idiot if you did not realise that I knew that you were joking so gave you a half witted response of equal value to your joke. It's cool apology accepted. :borat:

Dont try and be the smart ass here , you didn't know I was joking, so you are the idiot. No can tell if you were joking, your jokes are ****.

Case closed.
It's a famous quote from William Shakespeare's Henry V play: "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother". :smile:

It's the misplaced comma. You get it right in the full quotation.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
It's the misplaced comma. You get it right in the full quotation.

Oh yeah, I see. I don't know why I put a comma there... I can't change it now.
Oh yeah, I see. I don't know why I put a comma there... I can't change it now.

No, there's no going back, I'm afraid. I wish I'd put a capital C in mine. Didn't think it'd be permanent. :frown:
Reply 28

Yes, I know that one; you've missed a 'few' out :wink:

Or, as someone's said above, added a comma.
Yes, I know that one; you've missed a 'few' out :wink:

Or, as someone's said above, added a comma.

There was not enough space for another "few". It's just the extra comma that kills it! :redface:
Reply 30
There was not enough space for another "few". It's just the extra comma that kills it! :redface:

That would bother me quite a lot.

Since you've only just joined, maybe kill this account and start again if it bothers you.

Me too, but I'm a dull pedant. I'd lose the exclamation mark as well. However, I didn't put anything like enough thought into my own username, so I'm hardly one to talk.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
Dont try and be the smart ass here , you didn't know I was joking, so you are the idiot. No can tell if you were joking, your jokes are ****.

Case closed.

No need to get angry big man, maybe you should consider your suggestion and go to the London met for some education on how you don't have mind reading abilities and so don't know that I already knew you were joking. Also the London met joke has been done before so try to find some originality while your there.
Original post by iano101
No need to get angry big man, maybe you should consider your suggestion and go to the London met for some education on how you don't have mind reading abilities and so don't know that I already knew you were joking. Also the London met joke has been done before so try to find some originality while your there.

K.

Oh, it's just a username after all! So long as I can write proper English, it shouldn't matter that much. :mmm:

(And why are we talking about my username in a thread which is about medicine? :tongue:)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Since you've only just joined, maybe kill this account and start again if it bothers you.

No, I won't create another account just for that. :smile: I'm perfectly fine with my username... Let's say it's original in a weird way. :wink:
No, I won't create another account just for that. :smile: I'm perfectly fine with my username... Let's say it's original in a weird way. :wink:

That's absolutely fine.:smile:
Reply 38
Oxford has the best medical school in the world.

Uhhh... no. Harvard does. Oxford honestly doesn't have the same research reputation as Johns Hopkins, Pennsylvania, UCSF, Stanford or Columbia. The reason is that clinical medicine research is best done on patients and being in a larger city with a larger patient population does help.

Oxford's medical research income is much lower than US universities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending