The Student Room Group

opinion on Baby lips by Maybelline?

I bought the pink punch flavour because I read they were really good, but they're so glossy and its way too light for my Asian lips. It doesn't look good. What about the other flavours? How are they?

Scroll to see replies

IM ASIAN TOO and I have CHERRY ME and its AMAZING GOO BUY IT NOWWW like its soo good its comes nice and dark pink better then the pink punch I was gonna buy pink punch but good thing I didn't because my upper lip is dark so CHERRY ME fitted perfectly Asian thing soo I get you Im glad I got cherry me spent the best £3.00 LOVE IT

GO BUY CHERRY ME , DONT BUY HE REST THEOTHER HRE ARE JUST LEA AND DONT HAVE COLOUR
Reply 2
Original post by holasenorita1
IM ASIAN TOO and I have CHERRY ME and its AMAZING GOO BUY IT NOWWW like its soo good its comes nice and dark pink better then the pink punch I was gonna buy pink punch but good thing I didn't because my upper lip is dark so CHERRY ME fitted perfectly Asian thing soo I get you Im glad I got cherry me spent the best £3.00 LOVE IT

GO BUY CHERRY ME , DONT BUY HE REST THEOTHER HRE ARE JUST LEA AND DONT HAVE COLOUR

Is it alright for every day wear? Don't want it to be too bright

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dippers
is it alright for every day wear? Don't want it to be too bright

posted from tsr mobile

yes it is, like u can wear it sheer eneough too, or i blend it in so it becomes pink for me, the first time i tried i added a little bit on my upper lip ad it became pnk soo dont add a lot u can add a little ! Try it u never know
Tell me once u bought it what u think of it
Reply 5
I honestly don't know what the hype is?about with these baby lips because I have the Cherry Me one but I think there are better products out there.

Maybe because I have dark lips the tint doesn't really work, I might as well use Carmex or Vaseline instead.
I tend to use it more on top of pinkish lipsticks because it blends in well when my lips get dry.

It's like when my sister bought the red tint Vaseline tin they had out few months ago (can't remember why) she went crazy to buy it because people said it was amazing, it really wasn't -__- you have to use a fare amount of it to get a strong colour. Might as well just wear a lipstick with satin finish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just buy the ones without the tint, it has a little bit of gloss in it, but I like the colour of my lips.
Original post by Dee01
I honestly don't know what the hype is?about with these baby lips because I have the Cherry Me one but I think there are better products out there.

Maybe because I have dark lips the tint doesn't really work, I might as well use Carmex or Vaseline instead.
I tend to use it more on top of pinkish lipsticks because it blends in well when my lips get dry.

It's like when my sister bought the red tint Vaseline tin they had out few months ago (can't remember why) she went crazy to buy it because people said it was amazing, it really wasn't -__- you have to use a fare amount of it to get a strong colour. Might as well just wear a lipstick with satin finish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I kinda know what ur saying , but it works on my upper lip because its not as dark as others, soo yehh and yeh I would just buy a pink lipstick too, if they ever come out with THE ELECTRO BABY LIPS, then watch everyone will be all hyped about it, but those actually give colour to your lips I see every one on youtube use them and see the colour soo yehh if they come out with it ,

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
I have one of the clear ones. It's nice and it does the job but there are other products which work better for me.
I bought the peach kiss (Purple one) it gives you a golden shimmer though not too noticeable and is very hydrating, although I do not think its worth all the hype it does smell amazing and is very hydrating! Cherry Me is also meant to be very nice too and a deeper red colour (again not very pigmented so not very noticeable) but I would reccomend them both :smile:
Reply 10
I find that it leaves a white line on my mouth so I am not going to buy any more. It barely hydrates my lips in my opinion. Plus it's too sheer. I'll stick to Carmex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol I love carmex as well, oh bwt do you think they might come out with the ELECTRO BABYLIPS next
If you like Carmex, try Anatomicals stop cracking up lip balm or the snog me senseless one (I think that's what it's called), they're pretty good :smile:
Reply 13
I love them, they're so easy to wear and perfect for lectures when I don't want to look too dressed up but still want to look presentable!
My favourite is pink lolita, it's just the perfect pink and not in your face or bright and barbieish like pink punch
I ordered it from amazon since it's not out in the UK
Original post by CORALISTA
I love them, they're so easy to wear and perfect for lectures when I don't want to look too dressed up but still want to look presentable!
My favourite is pink lolita, it's just the perfect pink and not in your face or bright and barbieish like pink punch
I ordered it from amazon since it's not out in the UK

does it come out pink or its sheer
Reply 15
does it come out pink or its sheer

It depends, you can build it up
You can do one layer for if you just want a sheer tint
This is about 3 light swipes
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1390583574.921649.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends, you can build it up
You can do one layer for if you just want a sheer tint
This is about 3 light swipes
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1390583574.921649.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wonder when the ELECTRO BABY LIPS ARE GONNA COME OUT
Reply 17
I wonder when the ELECTRO BABY LIPS ARE GONNA COME OUT

Yeah I'd like them to come here! You can get them on ebay or amazon though but not as cheap as you would in the shop
I'm going America this year anyway so I can stock up :smile:
Yeah I'd like them to come here! You can get them on ebay or amazon though but not as cheap as you would in the shop
I'm going America this year anyway so I can stock up :smile:

OMG urrr soo lucky im soooo jealous nowww , I wanna go America soo bad so I can get all the makeup there, oh well
Reply 19
I have the Pink Punch one and it's farrrr too florescent for my lips, I'm very pale and it just looks awful. They're hydrating but not worth the money imo, much prefer the pink vasaline :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending