Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i wanna put mp3s into audio format so they fit play on normal cd players

which format shall i change them to
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Huh?

Burn them to CD with software that supports mp3 (most nowadays) and let it worry about that. They are burnt to the CD as a series of tiny tiny dots, no format involved at all really (well, I'm sure there is, but none at the level we need to worry about)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Audio Track" in nero.

umm operating system.. wtf?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you can burn mp3s onto CD - and some cd players (most modern ones) will play them.

however, if you want full compatability with any cd player that plays CD-Rs or RWs, you will need to burn them as a .wav file. there are lots of free conversion programs out there that will do it for you - use google.

a word of warning though: many mp3s are heavily compressed and transforming them into wavs won't solve any loss of audio information. if you have a rough sounding mp3 encoded at 64kb it will still sound rough as a .wav file...
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -aeon-)
    you can burn mp3s onto CD - and some cd players (most modern ones) will play them.

however, if you want full compatability with any cd player that plays CD-Rs or RWs, you will need to burn them as a .wav file. there are lots of free conversion programs out there that will do it for you - use google.

a word of warning though: many mp3s are heavily compressed and transforming them into wavs won't solve any loss of audio information. if you have a rough sounding mp3 encoded at 64kb it will still sound rough as a .wav file...
    No no no no no. Completely wrong.

There is no such thing as a CD player that recognises WAV. There wouldn't be any point. There are CD players that can read data CDs holding MP3/WMA files (much like a portable MP3 player does), but WAV is completely outdated.

To create a "normal" audio CD, that is, one that can be played by any CD player, use the burning utility in Windows Media Player, or any other software that you prefer. I do not recommend Nero as it can occasionally corrupt audio CDs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    He's half right - in the bad old days before programs like Windows Media Player and their burn features existed, you had to convert your MP3s to WAV in order to burn them.

The CD burning software took care of converting the WAVs to CD audio tracks. Now CD burning software like Nero (and the media player apps) can burn audio CDs with MP3s, or WMAs or just about any other portable music format.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 30, 2006
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sound and vision threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.