The Student Room Group

Classroom Of the Future!

Hey Guys, I am Nancy..
As part of a project we have been asked to design a classroom of the future, First of all can I ask you to give me your unique views on how you think the classroom in 10 years time look like? In terms of all the technology surrounding us...

This is the concept we have come up with:
What is the future VLE?:
Paperless:
Work will be screen based/electronically measured and stored. The lack of paper will enable information to be processed more efficiently and quickly.
Seamless:
Information automatically uploaded to the cloud, and will be able to pass between users and devices across multiple platforms.
Current Tech to enhance teaching experience:
Current Tech:
Touch Screen
Augmented Reality
Cloud computing
Smart glass
Google glass

Group working & Social Learning:
Through the use of integrated social messaging tools, Students will be able to communicate quickly and efficiently with others on subject matters. Communication between students, lecturers and education management will have less barriers allowing for a more open and effective learning experience.
Industry standard information management needs to be taught and applied in order to allow a more efficient learning environment. Gone are the days of working as individuals and group work will be encouraged if not it will become the norm?
Streamline business and improve the efficiency in the work place with Information management and exploitation principles engrained in all education leavers.

DO you think this is what the future classroom is?

Do you think this wil enhance teaching experience?
How would you like to be able to work with students globally, where everyone is connected via something like cloud?
How would you like to work as a group with students around the world, and had educational twitter or facebook where you could post on topic or subject you were stuck on, which was accessed by your teachers so they could adapt their teaching session as per to your needs?

The teaching session will also be available live to other countries around the world, cuz it will be connected you all could send your files to your teacher via cloud, have it back via cloud .. marked and with comments

Any views?

Your views will be really helpful,,
Thank you for your time
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Take a look at this video... hopefully lots of ideas you can use

[video="youtube;7vsCAM17O-M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vsCAM17O-M[/video]
I like them how they are...
Original post by chawla_nancy
Hey Guys, I am Nancy..
As part of a project we have been asked to design a classroom of the future, First of all can I ask you to give me your unique views on how you think the classroom in 10 years time look like?

Ask your grandparents to describe their schools. Think how similar they are to yours.

Ask your parents to describe their offices(assuming they work in offices). Then read this article saying that paperless offices have been predicted from the 1970s but were about to happen. Then note that this article was written many years before you were born.
Reply 4
Original post by Hgat
Take a look at this video... hopefully lots of ideas you can use

[video="youtube;7vsCAM17O-M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vsCAM17O-M[/video]

thanks it is helpful
by the way, do u have any of ur own ideas?
Reply 5
Original post by LiamMcMorrow
I like them how they are...

Do you think it will change though within 10 years of time?
DO you have a vision of what it may look like ?
Classrooms are fine the way they are.
Without having everything in technology.

Because what I said is so relevant to your essay lol :P.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A phone Jammer, that jams the signal of all mobile phones inside the classroom.

Good god I'm cruel.
If I had to say something I would say the walls will all be screens attached to a computer. There will be iPad or tablets built in to the tables with education specific operating systems.

So yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
A phone Jammer, that jams the signal of all mobile phones inside the classroom.

Good god I'm cruel.

I was thinking of buying a signal jammer once but found out there illegal in the UK.

Just think of all the fun that could have been. All the reactions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
It's probably inevitable that classrooms for KS1-3 will move further towards lecture-style arrangements, with the teacher as more of a presenter. Classrooms are already too full and the population isn't going down anytime soon, so individual teacher-student interaction will become less frequent and classrooms will be adapted accordingly.
Probably more interactive whiteboards haha.

Personally I hate working on computers
Reply 12
I bet everyone who is saying classrooms are fine the way they are probably just want that so we have to keep writing with pen and paper.

My idea would be every desk or table being integrated with a touch screen computer so no need for writing with paper, this of course will help with the environment (not using ink or paper).
I like them as they are
Reply 14
Original post by nmr1991
I bet everyone who is saying classrooms are fine the way they are probably just want that so we have to keep writing with pen and paper.

My idea would be every desk or table being integrated with a touch screen computer so no need for writing with paper, this of course will help with the environment (not using ink or paper).

Yeah thats what we meant by electronic handbook, each individual given a tablet or something which will be connected to cloud so they will be doing work on that tablet and through something like they will submit that work
Original post by nmr1991

Isn't there a lot more waste products from electronic devices ? ? So I doubt it would help the environment that much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by nulli tertius
Ask your grandparents to describe their schools. Think how similar they are to yours.

Ask your parents to describe their offices(assuming they work in offices). Then read this article saying that paperless offices have been predicted from the 1970s but were about to happen. Then note that this article was written many years before you were born.

This - in fact I had a 1970s book about computers and robots showing an artists impression of the classroom of the 1990s - I a teacher on a giant TV screen and ranks of pupils pushing buttons next to screens to record their answers to multi-choice questions.

Unfortunately the flesh and blood teachers job in non selective schools is largely crowd control - maybe private school pupils would sit still and push their buttons because a remote teacher in a call centre somewhere tells them to, but would their parents think that was worth paying £10k+ for?
Reply 17
Any views on, on the concept my team has come up with?

Your views are much appreciated, thanks to everyone who has replied so far.
Good God, I hope that never happens.

Humans are really just obsessed with technology.
Reply 19
Keep your view coming guys
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending